RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing these:
Leer 100XQ Cap(the truck shown is different but I couldnt find the pic I downloaded)
cap.jpg
Ram031310001.jpg

I also couldnt find pics of my WeatherTech Bug deflector+vent visors on the right truck, but these are the pics I could find:
m6eY4WC6bnH6qE0svD40cIg.jpg SWD_CU_Jill_2415.JPG

I can't find pictures of my headlights or taillights at all, so I'll take pics when they come in. I also have my eye on a bumper...

Here's my rims: 30.6 lbs each, 20". According to what I can find online, they're actually lighter than the factory 17s. Lightest rim I can find that still accomodates the weight rating I need and the ruggedness for offroad. (haven't chosen tires, those are just in the pic)
rimpic.jpg

I'll follow up. What're you guys doin?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Window deflectors by EGR, Husky Weatherbeater, window tint, and spray in bed liner. I get a hook up deal on the liner that's why I didn't get it done at the factory. That's all I'm doing to the truck for at least one year.

Ego, those rims look nice.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah...window tint...forgot tint lol...

Thanks! The place I order my parts from in Pembroke is giving me the rims at their cost+$6 to ship all 6(not each) plus tax.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What's the brand and model of that rim?

It's manufactured by American Racing(so if you order it at a parts counter they look it up under Am Racing), the brand is "XD Series" and the model is "XD 797 Spy". They also make an all-chrome of the same exact wheel and they make another rim with more spokes that's 0.1 lbs lighter but I don't like the look. TireRack.com lets you sort the rims by weight which is where I came across them. I think if you look them up they're by KMC Wheels, but my parts guy found them in the American Racing ordering system.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very nice. I found them. My best friend has his own repair/body shop so I get parts at cost through him. I'm find out what these can be had for.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should mention they they're rated for a 2200lbs payload weight in this truck, which is a hell of a lot more than I intend to haul in the back, but something you should know. I think that exceeds what the truck is rated for anyway lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't know if you would consider this an exterior part. I received my Mag-Hytec rear differential cover this afternoon. Nice part, got here in four days from California.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Whats the word on the normal 3m film that they put on the nose of cars and trucks? I know you can see it a bit but as far as i know its a one time application.......

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Im looking at blacking out mine entirely when i finally do get it.... grill is going in to be painted, heavy tint on the windows, most badgeing removed with the remainder blacked out, shaved and blacked out door handles and hopefully i can find a set of sweet blacked out 20" rims, and a bakflip vp tarp...... should look pretty good when done, i hope

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just know it as a "clear bra."

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Whats the word on the normal 3m film that they put on the nose of cars and trucks? I know you can see it a bit but as far as i know its a one time application.......
They protect well except on the edges of the hood - right where you need it the most. Pre-cut kits also cost $100+.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Is the anything besides mud flaps you can put behind a tire to prevent stone chips from tje kick up off the tire?.... totyota has some sort of material there i see in thier tundras

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sorry for all the questions! This is my first brand new, so i am not sure about alot of these accesories...... has anyone on here painted or known anyone to paint factory rims? I accually like the limited laramie rims i just want them black....im not sure if that is feasible with out constantly fixing chips or anything

·
Registered
102 Posts
Chris12559,
Your questions are fine no worry about that. I ask that you don't post back to back like you have to help reduce thread clutter and instead go back and edit your last post if you want to tac on any last minute information you might of forgot.

To your question about protection besides the mud flaps, in some vehicles they offer rocker panels that can aid in protection. For the newer ram 1500s the panel is in to many pieces to really offer any protection. If you don't mind adding some additional weight you could always add a little Bedliner behind the wheels as some permanent added protection. If you do it right you won't have to cover the whole vehicles lower area for it to look good. I can't think of anything besides pocket fender flares, and mud flaps that would help protect the paint in a less... Permanent way. The pocket fender flares only work if you leave the tires a stock width or the extended protection won't actually help.

Check your local area for having stock rims repainted. It can be done and look amazing. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Is the anything besides mud flaps you can put behind a tire to prevent stone chips from tje kick up off the tire?.... totyota has some sort of material there i see in thier tundras
I am planning on spraying the rockers with 3m paint defender

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I was thinking that as well, after reading about the product around here! Wouldn't hurt to try it! Let us know how it holds up pls!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts