·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Good info.

In the Light Duty Pickup class Ram was third or in the top three. I assume that included all the others. If so, good.

Into my 4th week right now with NO washer pump. Little stupid stuff like that can "blow out" a rating. Only thing is it's not important. Now a major turbo failure of the F150 might have just as much weight in the survey as my washer fluid pump.

Don't think that survey's like this deal with fuel mileage and customer satisfaction.

Off to buy my wife a Rolex for her birthday. Nothing but the best - Ram- to take me to the best for the best. It all kind of fits together as long as I don't need to clean my windshield.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good info.

In the Light Duty Pickup class Ram was third or in the top three. I assume that included all the others. If so, good.

Into my 4th week right now with NO washer pump. Little stupid stuff like that can "blow out" a rating. Only thing is it's not important. Now a major turbo failure of the F150 might have just as much weight in the survey as my washer fluid pump.

Don't think that survey's like this deal with fuel mileage and customer satisfaction.

Off to buy my wife a Rolex for her birthday. Nothing but the best - Ram- to take me to the best for the best. It all kind of fits together as long as I don't need to clean my windshield.
Good point. The survey is the 2014 U.S. Initial Quality Study that queried 86,000 buyers of new 2014 model-year vehicles after 90 days of ownership. Most of the problems during this time are likely minor and often involve new electronics, so the few problems that disable the vehicle do not receive special weighting as far as I can tell.

Note that the ratings are given in "problems per 100 vehicles." Ram scored the industry average of 116 or about 1.2 problems per vehicle, so I guess you are already above that even though you opted out of the high-end electronics. It is interesting that the Northeast and Midwest brought the average up from last year probably because of their harsh winter. The study also notes: "...newly launched models experience an average of 128 PP100, compared with 113 PP100 for carryover models. The increase in problems among all-new models are seen mainly in the areas of voice recognition, Bluetooth pairing, and audio systems." That fits my experience. It will be interesting to see how the 2015 F-150 does.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Toyota does build a hell of a truck, just a sea of cheap plastic on the inside and horrible on fuel.... but they just keep going!

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
You two are super smart. I do believe that all the new electronic features contribute to a myriad of small failures.

Oh - I lied ---No Rolex. Found out they do not keep good time. Bought here a Tag Heuer 18K WL1350 Professional 200m. Supposed to be for diving also. I'll be upset if she takes it under water. Kind of like beating up a new Ecodiesel in a mudbog because you can.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey Capt, I figured you would appreciate this, I bought my wife a Rolex for her 50th birthday a few years back. I wrapped it up and gave it to her in the bottom of a new $8 Walmart tackle box, complete with rubber worms and lead sinkers. Yes it caught her by surprise : ). Have fun.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Won't give her the Tag Heuer until next Thursday. Actually she's a twin and we are having a party for both of them here on the following Sunday. Thing came in a leather "tub" of sorts. Use it for a tackle box. Do not want to surprise her with her sister here. Her husband is the head groundskeeper for the Tampa Bay Rays. He might put me under ground, depending on what he got the other sister.

Now, the important questions. Does the thing keep good time? I was told they do not and that's why I went with the Heuer.

More important! Did you catch fish?

·
Registered
641 Posts
View attachment big fish.bmp Well, it is an automatic (mechanical) watch, so they tend not to keep as good time as a Quartz. Are they any worse or better than other mechanical watch's ? I don't know. Funny eh, you can buy a $39.99 watch that keeps better time than a $10k watch. I like mechanical watch's i think the mechanism is a work of art.

My wife adore's the watch, it is the only one she has worn since i gave it to her. In my mind Rolex's are more of a "bling thing" like all other jewelry. Personally, I wear an automatic Armourlite tactical watch, it was not even 5% of the cost of my wifes, but it is pretty much bullet proof.....impervious to everything except downrigger wire...which leads me to your 2nd question. Please see attached.

Got to go! just got confirmation my new EcoDiesel is ready to pick up at the dealer! Pressing issue ; )

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice fish and I use Citizen Eco-drive watches.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Eco Drive ... the best watch for us. The one I got her has a huge 18K gold bezel. Heavy woman's watch. Now she has the bling to go with the time.

King? Nice salmon. Bet that was fun and you should be proud.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yes it was a king salmon.It was a fun fish, Certainly not a prize winner by any means, lake Ontario produce huge salmon. As i recall, thatday was a great day, just like today, my first day with my new ED.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Lake Ontario can be deep with huge fish. I used to fish it from the New York side. Can't think of the town now where we stayed and launched.

Fishing was mostly full of expectation with a box full of disappointment. We boated mostly smaller fish on my maybe 4 trips there. Most did not do any different. Only a few would show nice kings and that kept up the expectation.

My friend from Pittsburgh, Ken Ciera, got tired of the disappointments and quit going. I soon followed and after I retired in the late 90's , never went back.

Come to Tampa Bay where your dreams become reality, 24/7/365.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A message for you Guys. If You think the F-150 or Tundra either one is better than the eco-diesel You must be smoking dope. It,s not a work truck, but one heck of a daily driver or light hauling or pulling truck. Just My opinion

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Lake Ontario can be deep with huge fish. I used to fish it from the New York side. Can't think of the town now where we stayed and launched.

Fishing was mostly full of expectation with a box full of disappointment. We boated mostly smaller fish on my maybe 4 trips there. Most did not do any different. Only a few would show nice kings and that kept up the expectation.

My friend from Pittsburgh, Ken Ciera, got tired of the disappointments and quit going. I soon followed and after I retired in the late 90's , never went back.

Come to Tampa Bay where your dreams become reality, 24/7/365.
Oswego or Pulaski would be likely referring to the towns in NY

·
Registered
132 Posts
A message for you Guys. If You think the F-150 or Tundra either one is better than the eco-diesel You must be smoking dope. It,s not a work truck, but one heck of a daily driver or light hauling or pulling truck. Just My opinion
All depends on what your definition of a work truck is. I dump a ton of miles on for work and it requires me to have an off road capable vehicle that can carry the occasional light load. 80% of my driving is on government roads and 20% forestry roads. for me with a few mods this is the perfect work truck.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Olcott, New York. Think that was it. Nice launch area and motels close.

Thanks for the tag on Tag Heuer. I took a "pig-in-a-poke".

Could not figure out what that post said about which truck was good for work. Tough to understand if it praised Ram or the other trucks mentioned.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts