·
Registered
592 Posts
hahahahahaha ... :p

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
So who is Jim Fallen?

Kind of like asking actors in detective movies to actually solve a crime. Bet he's an urban legend in his own mind with excellent skills at ordering $200 meals at a city restaurant. As for trucks ...when the chauffeur drives, does he ride in the back?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So who is Jim Fallen?

Kind of like asking actors in detective movies to actually solve a crime. Bet he's an urban legend in his own mind with excellent skills at ordering $200 meals at a city restaurant. As for trucks ...when the chauffeur drives, does he ride in the back?
He's a multi-talented entertainer, currently host of the Tonight Show (NBC, 11:30 PM), the longest-running talk show in TV history. Before that he hosted Late Night and was a regular on Saturday Night Live. He's a particularly good impersonator and musician. I enjoy watching the show on occasion although it is a little too New York for my comfort.

It was funny when Ram delivered a 1500 outside the studio and a member of the house band, The Roots, took it for a drive. Fallon seems like a genuine fellow who is very good at what he does.

Bruce Springsteen & Jimmy Fallon: "Gov. Christie Traffic Jam" ("Born To Run" Parody)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Always liked letterman better anyways lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always liked letterman better anyways lol
Just announced that Stephen Colbert (aka Big Daddy Truck Nuts) will replace Letterman next year. That should be interesting.

Reactions: Andrey

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
He will be missed!

·
Registered
13,687 Posts
You guys have too much time on your hands. Do it now and watch TV later when you are in the nursing home.

Thought Johnny Carson WAS the Tonight Show. Where's that little girl for the T Time Movies and directions how to get around L.A.?

·
Registered
698 Posts
You guys have too much time on your hands. Do it now and watch TV later when you are in the nursing home.

Thought Johnny Carson WAS the Tonight Show. Where's that little girl for the T Time Movies and directions how to get around L.A.?
Yes, that would be Carol Wayne and she passed on in the mid 80's

·
Registered
33 Posts
The day which truck Jimmy Fallon chooses actually matters to me, is the day I'll go buy a Prius and order a no-whip triple shot soy latte.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What the hell is a soy latte?

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's the kind of crap guys like Jimmy Fallon drink.
Be nice. The forum is for exchanging info and having fun with our Rams. We don't need any more hate in our day.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wasn't being mean, and certainly wasn't introducing "hate". Maybe intent is lost in text vs. speech.
The message seems very clear and is just a cheap shot. If that is not what you meant, please try again.

Gross generalizations such as "guys like Jimmy Fallon" or "liberals like the rest of them" are vapid and mean spirited. Let's have fun with the trucks and the issues surrounding them, rather than attack people.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The message seems very clear and is just a cheap shot. If that is not what you meant, please try again.
OK, I'll try again. It was meant in fun, how it turned into "mean" and "hate" I don't know.

I define a soy latte as "crap". That is my personal opinion, and others have the right to disagree. They may define some of the things I like as "crap" and it won't bother me one bit. I find that particular adjective amusing, and when used in the right way, downright funny.

Since Fallon is an entertainer, I'll use that to try and clarify my point. Let's take two entertainers: Jimmy Fallon and John Wayne. You tell me which is more likely to drink a soy latte. That doesn't mean I don't like Jimmy Fallon, I was trying to use a little humor in a context I found humorous. It means that he is a particular type of entertainer (person) who may be more likely to partake of something I personally find funny. As I mentioned earlier (also trying to inject humor) what Jimmy Fallon chooses to drive won't impact my buying decision.

It seems we're either miles apart on our particular senses of humor, or I've done a poor job of making mine come through via typing. Perhaps my humor comes across as rough to some, but it doesn't change my intent. I'll keep this in mind in the future.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, I'll try again. It was meant in fun, how it turned into "mean" and "hate" I don't know.

I define a soy latte as "crap". That is my personal opinion, and others have the right to disagree. They may define some of the things I like as "crap" and it won't bother me one bit. I find that particular adjective amusing, and when used in the right way, downright funny.

Since Fallon is an entertainer, I'll use that to try and clarify my point. Let's take two entertainers: Jimmy Fallon and John Wayne. You tell me which is more likely to drink a soy latte. That doesn't mean I don't like Jimmy Fallon, I was trying to use a little humor in a context I found humorous. It means that he is a particular type of entertainer (person) who may be more likely to partake of something I personally find funny. As I mentioned earlier (also trying to inject humor) what Jimmy Fallon chooses to drive won't impact my buying decision.

It seems we're either miles apart on our particular senses of humor, or I've done a poor job of making mine come through via typing. Perhaps my humor comes across as rough to some, but it doesn't change my intent. I'll keep this in mind in the future.
Yeah right.

John Wayne latte.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts