2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
"A time frame of around 2018 is expected while the addition of a 10-speed automatic will also occur with the diesel."

2018?! You must be better at waiting than I am.
Doesn't Ford already have a 3.2L I-5 turbo diesel that could be used in the F150?
It's a crappy engine and runs too rough for the regular market

·
Registered
151 Posts
I can't see Ford dumping the ecoboost engines for a diesel. They have poured millions of dollars into building the ecoboost brand and the motors have performed well. However if the sales of the ecodiesel skyrocket, that will certainly be a wake up call to the others.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
Yeah. That's 4 years away. Whole lifetimes are lived during that time.

Interesting that there's an attitude related to Ford and the F 150. Well the last good one they made was around 2005 or so. After that troubles started with the one-piece front hub and discs. Now the 250 is still fine but the 150 has cheaply-made running gear and suspension.

Two friends have Ecoboost engines. Neither gets close to the advertised fuel mileage and when they tow it's the pits. I think the GM gassers are better in lots of ways.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"A time frame of around 2018 is expected while the addition of a 10-speed automatic will also occur with the diesel."

2018?! You must be better at waiting than I am.
Doesn't Ford already have a 3.2L I-5 turbo diesel that could be used in the F150?
I heard from another source of an earlier time frame. I probably won't get my Ram for another year anyways. Funds are not there as of now.

·
Registered
366 Posts
"That said, word is from TheTruthAboutCars that Ford may be introducing their own diesel V6 for the all-new all-aluminum 2015 Ford F150."

So they're saying it will be introduced on the all new 2015 but not till 2018? That's Ford logic I guess.

Its essentially a prototype until 2018 is likely what that means

1 - 7 of 7 Posts