RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This won't fix your truck or reset any CEL's, but this is a post from an RV forum that I visit.

Bought a new 2014 Superduty in November of 2013. The truck currently has 4800 miles on it and has been in the garage now 3 times to replaced failed sensors on the DEF exhaust system required by the government. Seems Ford knows that they have an issue with trucks built after Oct 2013 but will only replace once sensor at a time. Called Ford Customer Relations to tell them that I wanted all of the sensor replaced at the same time to rule out any other problems. However, they told me that it would not be possible and that it is the recommended fix by the Ford Engineers. So, I told them to replace the sensor and the next time it breaks, they will have a BBB Autoline (Lemon Law) suite on their hands. Today, I looked at Ford's website to see that the new 2015 has re-designed exhaust sensors. So I guess Ford really knows that they have a problem, yet they want you to break down on the side of the road 4 times before all of the sensors get replaced!

I have owned multiple Ford products and this will be my last. Way to go Ford!

Reactions: Captainmal

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Missed this post and it is OH SO pivotal. Many here decry Chrysler (I hate to write Fiat/Chrysler) for procedures related to warranty repairs. Here we have yet another instance where Ford, seemingly loved by so many, are playing around with their customers. Not unexpected.

First Ford vehicle I ever bought was in the early 1970's. Bad engine castings that were made in Brazil. Oil everywhere and Ford refused to deal with it effectively. Fortunately it rusted holes through the door panels in just one year and I got rid of it. Fortunately:confused:

Waited until the late 1980's and bought an F150 302 V8 - my last ever gas engine. By 1,000 miles I had consumed about 12 quarts of oil. After many trips to the dealer and their BS "oil-consumption" testing I had 6,000 miles and as many as 10 gallons of oil consumption. Unreal. Ford would only replace valve seals.

On and on and on, with piddling little stupid repairs and then I blew up on everyone. I paid to tear down the engine to find rings made in Brazil again. Rings so hard they would never remotely seal and Ford knew it. I had to pay to remanufacture the engine as Ford refused to cooperate.

Two years later I bought a GM diesel and never looked back to gas engines.

Ford Motor Company has been ignorant to me. I see they are still ignorant to people like you and probably others. Makes Chrysler look real good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts