RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed one of my flares were off by a quarter inch and got it written down when I bought it so they could fix it , anyways brought it In to get fixed and it's 6 times worse now and the 3 m tape is expanding and you could see and dealer said it was the first time he seen that and going through the lot and about 5 of the trucks had little piece of tape indicating the same problem as mine and the dealer and managers even agreed it look shit and told me to let it be and let it Rust and get my warranty to cover . Are you f* ckin kidding me i work 12 hours a day in -40- 30 degree. I work hard to be able to afford nice things I paid 50000$ for my truck with 20000 down why would I want my truck 3 weeks old already looking like it's falling apart . Anyways dealer doesn't want to help me fix it who should I go to or does anybody have any tricks to reinstall it correctly

·
Registered
940 Posts
What flare? Where? Other 3D's are the same? Mine if on it's way.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would just find a soild dealer to do. It properly now!! Don't take no for an answer!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would have asked the manager where his car is so that you can install that fender flare on his car. Tell him to leave it on with 10lbs of tape and let warranty deal with it. Some of these meat heads don't deserve their jobs. Ask him if you can put 1 kg of sugar in his gas tank? Let warranty deal with it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
call Ram customer service directly. we are at the point, no matter what you buy that dealing with "local" dealer/reps is almost always pointless...only way to even hope for real service is call directly and bypass local reps/dealers. same with toyota, same with ford, its not unique to Ram. frustrating but that's where we are.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any follow up on how this was taken care of? Just took delivery of mine, and one of my flares is coming untapped. Keep pushing it back on and it just comes unstuck part way. Called the dealer and took some pics and said they would fix it next time I am up in there area. Hopefully they know what they are doing?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts