RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run the Falken Wild Peak's on their truck? Seems like mixed reviews on Discount tire and a few of them ditched the tires after a few hundred miles. Not too bad a price from Discount and with Tread Lightly's rebate with Falken for a $100 and Discount's $50 off too it's about 400 bucks for a set to replace the factory junk.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've got about 1500 miles on a set. They are great tires so far. No complaints.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got about 1500 miles on a set. They are great tires so far. No complaints.
Damn, I'd feel bad running them on my truck now. Would feel like I'm copying yours, same truck and color except I couldn't get the 9 speaker to go through on the order.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Damn, I'd feel bad running them on my truck now. Would feel like I'm copying yours, same truck and color except I couldn't get the 9 speaker to go through on the order.
Don't mind if you do copy. They are great tires, and even better is the price at Discount Tire. They will actually be "Rocky Mountain ATS" through Discount, but are the exact same tires.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
One of the diesel magazines did a tire review. I believe they liked it for its highway handling and it wasn't as good off the road. Sounds like my kind of tire.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
I researched the articles from reputable off-roading magazines' reviews. Falken provided them it's website. All of them, of course, had positive things to say about the tire. Also the reviews from Discount Tire were mostly positive. The tire has an 8.6 average rating rating. That's about right where I would put them at this point.

97710_elite

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, they seemed to have a good rating for everything except the one that would concern me here if I off-roaded a lot anymore, apparently sticky slippery mud can be tough on them. But the most off road it will see is prob 4-5 scout trips a year and they usually aren't too rough a road. I didn't see a class (LT or P) on Falken's site, or really much about them in detail, almost feels like it's a close-out style especially with a second name and none are in stock within 150 miles of Atlanta.

Think I'm going to push for a discount from the dealer, they screwed up the gear ratio (3.92s instead of the 3.55s) on the order and so I got stuck with the $1100 (invoice) cost of the 20" wheels. Think when it gets shipped I'll go by the dealer to let them know what I found and try to work something out. And see if they will swap out the tires and possibly buy the factory ones back before delivery.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah, they seemed to have a good rating for everything except the one that would concern me here if I off-roaded a lot anymore, apparently sticky slippery mud can be tough on them. But the most off road it will see is prob 4-5 scout trips a year and they usually aren't too rough a road. I didn't see a class (LT or P) on Falken's site, or really much about them in detail, almost feels like it's a close-out style especially with a second name and none are in stock within 150 miles of Atlanta.

Think I'm going to push for a discount from the dealer, they screwed up the gear ratio (3.92s instead of the 3.55s) on the order and so I got stuck with the $1100 (invoice) cost of the 20" wheels. Think when it gets shipped I'll go by the dealer to let them know what I found and try to work something out. And see if they will swap out the tires and possibly buy the factory ones back before delivery.
I have the 3.55, any interest in trading?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a set on my Silverado, prior to my ED. They performed as well as the Terra Grapplers, lasted longer, and cost less. I did a little driving in the mud, but mostly snow here in MN, handled like a dream. I will get another set when I need new rubber...if not sooner.

·
Registered
346 Posts
8,000 miles on these tires so far. Very little noticeable tread wear, and they stick to the road great. They have also handled the dirt very well.

Also sold as Falken Rocky Mountain ATS at Discount/American Tire. Got mine at $124 each. Can't beat that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts