RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like most, we always park way out in a parking lot. Even with that we had a shopping cart put a 3 foot scratch on the right rear quarter. Picked it up from the body shop today and now the dash indicator and LED mirror blink fast but the front a rear still blink at the normal speed. We did have the right rear tail light assembly replaced as it also received a deep gouge too. The brake/tail is factory LED since it's a projection headlight system. The shop plugged in the OEM tail light assembly and it still had the issue. When I got it home I swapped the left and right assemblies. The right still blinked fast at the mirror and dash, the left with the right hand assembly preformed normally. .

I do have can bus backups from Super Bright, but they've never been an issue. It is strange the problem happened after I got it back from the body shop after a minor paint fix and tail light assembly replacement. Since plugging in the old light assembly and swapping the left with the right doesn't fix the problem, I'm thinking it's not the light. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Sounds like a bad lamp somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd agree about bring about being a bulb, but IF I'm correct all the other lights in the turn circuit are factory LED, every one "looks" to be lighting. I have less than 18K on the truck (I know that doesn't mean there couldn't be a bulb out) . Took it back apart last night and checked what I could with a Power Probe. It all checks out. Mainly wanted to make sure I had a good ground.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd agree about bring about being a bulb, but IF I'm correct all the other lights in the turn circuit are factory LED, every one "looks" to be lighting. I have less than 18K on the truck (I know that doesn't mean there couldn't be a bulb out) . Took it back apart last night and checked what I could with a Power Probe. It all checks out. Mainly wanted to make sure I had a good ground.
Thanks
SOLVED
Evidently the body shop R & R guy grabbed the wires on one end when he unplugged the Delphi style plug ( as opposed to grabbing both ends of the plug to pull apart) One of the pins in the plug wasn't making a good enough contact. There's 8 hours of my live I won't get back....... Thanks for the responses of suggestions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts