RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not applicable to Canadian Ecodiesels?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
At this point, no. Our northern cousins will have to wait and see if their enviro-critters pursue a class action.

·
Registered
448 Posts
When can we submit a claim? I hit the sign up for updates is only the mail in option available now?
I'm curious what claims would be submitted. What compensation should I be entitled to for driving around in a vehicle that didn't meet EPA emissions standards? If I knew how much the fuel mileage will drop once the software mod is made I suppose a claim could be made for increased fuel cost over the remaining years planned to keep the truck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I'm curious what claims would be submitted. What compensation should I be entitled to for driving around in a vehicle that didn't meet EPA emissions standards? If I knew how much the fuel mileage will drop once the software mod is made I suppose a claim could be made for increased fuel cost over the remaining years planned to keep the truck.
The claim is for the court-approved settlement. You're more than welcome to opt-out and go rogue to see if you can get more. Best of luck.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wonder which is better, submitting a paper claim or waiting for the online submission form? Paper claims can get lost. They may, and I hope they do, have a tracking feature in the online form.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wonder which is better, submitting a paper claim or waiting for the online submission form? Paper claims can get lost. They may, and I hope they do, have a tracking feature in the online form.
Would there be any harm in submitting both; online and paper copy?

·
Registered
34 Posts
One of the questions I have that were not addressed in the FAQ, I had an EGR Cooler failure that occurred at 32,000 miles which was not covered under warranty because original Emissions Warranty is only 24 months/24K miles. Any remedy you know of to recover my out of pocket costs for that failure? Under the settlement the cooler will be covered for the extended period of 4 years/48K miles from settlement date........

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
One of the questions I have that were not addressed in the FAQ, I had an EGR Cooler failure that occurred at 32,000 miles which was not covered under warranty because original Emissions Warranty is only 24 months/24K miles. Any remedy you know of to recover my out of pocket costs for that failure? Under the settlement the cooler will be covered for the extended period of 4 years/48K miles from settlement date........
I believe that the Basic Limited Warranty (3/36) should cover that.

warranty.PNG

If you happen to live in sunny CA, then it is even better.

CA Warranty.PNG

·
Registered
448 Posts
The claim is for the court-approved settlement. You're more than welcome to opt-out and go rogue to see if you can get more. Best of luck.
Didn't know there was a settlement - just saw Captain Mal's post showing his settlement notice, so now I'm up to speed. Looks more like like a payment to get people to get the update, LOL. I haven't received anything in the mail or via email. Email address hasn't changed since I bought the truck, but that was the dealership that had it - not sure I ever had any reason to give it to FCA.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Didn't know there was a settlement - just saw Captain Mal's post showing his settlement notice, so now I'm up to speed. Looks more like like a payment to get people to get the update, LOL. I haven't received anything in the mail or via email. Email address hasn't changed since I bought the truck, but that was the dealership that had it - not sure I ever had any reason to give it to FCA.
I had never heard of this either until I received two copies of it in the mail today.
Looks like they are giving up to $3075 to make changes to the truck, but what changes are they requiring?
May not be worth the payout if the changes make it less driveable. Been incredibly happy with my truck to date with 70k miles so far and averaging 23 mpg around town and 30 on the highway. Im not signing anything unless and until it can be proven to me this isnt going to ruin my truck. My Dad told me a hundred times "if it isnt broke, dont fix it"

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I had never heard of this either until I received two copies of it in the mail today.
Looks like they are giving up to $3075 to make changes to the truck, but what changes are they requiring?
May not be worth the payout if the changes make it less driveable. Been incredibly happy with my truck to date with 70k miles so far and averaging 23 mpg around town and 30 on the highway. Im not signing anything unless and until it can be proven to me this isnt going to ruin my truck. My Dad told me a hundred times "if it isnt broke, dont fix it"
Since 2017-18 isn't involved, it would appear that the intent is to bring ours up to the most recent revision. I haven't heard any complaints from '17-'18 owners.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So the real question on our minds how does this impact those of us with GDE tune. Do I need to order in a stock tuned ECU from GDE and go in for the reflash so I can get the $3000 and then put my tuned ECU back in?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts