RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
DON'T DO IT! Don't! I had the repair done and the truck is now a piece of garbage!! Immediately dropped 3mpg, 120 miles less on a tank of diesel than the 2.5 years prior! Now the truck is in the shop while it gets "repaired" again. Problem is, they cannot find a problem! Constantly behaving like it is running out of fuel and then "perks" right back up. The most recent adventure was driving down the freeway at a pleasant 70mph when the truck started whining and shuddering and thick blue/black smoke started pouring out from under the hood. Made it to the emergency lane and shut off the engine. Waited 5 minutes and started the engine again, it fired right up and ran fine for 20 to 30 seconds, then the clacking and shuddering started again, even more severely than the first time. Again, REALLY heavy blue/black smoke pouring out from under the hood. Turned it off and waited another 5 minutes. This time the starter could not get the engine running. Towed to the shop and the service advisor tried to start the engine and it would not even crank, nothing! Told the service advisor what I describe in this post. Service advisor calls me 3 days later and tells me the vehicle is "perfectly fine", nothing wrong that the mechanic could find! Mechanic told me that he came in over the weekend to catch up and the truck started just fine and ran as smooth as could be with no issues other than a code he cleared for the engine running out of fuel. I told him that the vehicle had never run out of fuel (I am the only driver) and he called me a liar! This "fix" is disaster and I am heading towards the 30 days/4 visit buyback program the way things are moving now!
I'm really sorry this is happening to you. This is exactly why I stopped driving my truck as soon as I realized there was something really different about it. And why I took it home from the dealers as soon as I realized they wouldn't fix what was broken -- the software. I hope you simply get a tune and enjoy your truck again. Unless the engine itself has been damaged now. Such a waste and a shame.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just went to local dealer with copy of emission recall notice & handed it too the service person behind the desk & asked him to explain what this is all about, his answer was: "its an emission software update for the engine & transmission computer modules" ???, this is something new to me based on what I've read on this forum.

I then asked if they do this update thru the port under the dash & his response was no the do it under the hood. this is also new info based on what I've read on this forum.

Can anyone who has the recall done tell me exactly what the process is? I'm confused!

·
Registered
479 Posts
just went to local dealer with copy of emission recall notice & handed it too the service person behind the desk & asked him to explain what this is all about, his answer was: "its an emission software update for the engine & transmission computer modules" ???, this is something new to me based on what I've read on this forum.

I then asked if they do this update thru the port under the dash & his response was no the do it under the hood. this is also new info based on what I've read on this forum.

Can anyone who has the recall done tell me exactly what the process is? I'm confused!
Apparently you haven't read the forum. Not sure what you are asking but yeah, they update the computer and transmission ECM.

There is a TON of information on here on what the recall and flash (AEM) is and what it does.

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #185

This is correct "its an emission software update for the engine & transmission computer modules"

The update is indeed via the OBD port.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have seen several replies stating how long it took to review the "documents" I submitted in Early July and its still listed as reviewing claim to make sure its complete.

Any one submit in July that got any further?

I did check the mopar recall site and my old truck had the emissions recall completed in May.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I called again this AM, talked to Ashley, she said they have my info but I have NOT BEEN ASSIGNED A CASE MANAGER... until that happens there will be NO Offer Letter sent out.. said they were still VERY FAR behind and my stuff has been ALL there since 5/23...

VERY POOR SERVICE in resolving this major problem... plus I still have to deal with not running well until warmed up and the poor mileage now with the AEM (down about 20%).

·
Registered
566 Posts
Mailed my documents about 5July, still waiting for checkmark on site. Spoke to a lady on the phone she reported using paper delays by 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mailed my documents about 5July, still waiting for checkmark on site. Spoke to a lady on the phone she reported using paper delays by 6-8 weeks.
E filed my claim May 15th = over three months ago, zero movement, so not sure that E filing creates the magic.

·
Registered
115 Posts
7/27/19 got AEM done. 8/30/19 received partial check as second owner. Now wait to see if i get a second check. Called fca they will not tell me if first owner filed. Kind of bs. No way to know unless a check shows up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So I'm just researching this. The site says current owners and possibly former owners have claims.

It says my vehicle is not eligible.

The carfax says my 2015 EcoDiesel was in Canada up till recently, I am the first American owner.

I was thinking of taking my truck in to see what recalls have or have not been completed on my vehicle...but if it's saying my truck isn't eligible (and I assume its due to the recent import), perhaps I should keep checking the database until it's eligible....THEN take it in for any and all recalls???

Thoughts?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Check with others here as you truck may never be eligible for the cash/warranty because it is a Canadian truck but I seem to remember someone on here posting that he worked with FAC and eventually his Canadian born truck was eligible.

#1, DO NOT HAVE THE AEM RECALL PERFORMED.if you are not going to get the cash settlement/warranty.
#2, Unless you need the settlement money to feed your family, DO NOT HAVE THE AEM RECALL PERFORMED.
#3. If you want to use the settlement money to pay for a GDE tune go ahead with the AEM
#4. Refer to #1

·
Registered
121 Posts
Check with others here as you truck may never be eligible for the cash/warranty because it is a Canadian truck but I seem to remember someone on here posting that he worked with FAC and eventually his Canadian born truck was eligible.

#1, DO NOT HAVE THE AEM RECALL PERFORMED.if you are not going to get the cash settlement/warranty.
#2, Unless you need the settlement money to feed your family, DO NOT HAVE THE AEM RECALL PERFORMED.
#3. If you want to use the settlement money to pay for a GDE tune go ahead with the AEM
#4. Refer to #1
The issue isn't whether I want it performed or not, the issue is:

If I take my truck in for any other recalls, they may perform it and I'm stuck. Dilemma is whether or not my truck is eligible so I can look, safely, into the other recalls being fixed.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Have you created an account on Mopar.com? Once you enter your VIN there it should tell you about your recalls.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just tried to call settlement hot line & all you get is a computer question routine & know matter how I answer, the results are to go to eco diesel settlement .com & select track claim.
I have went to that website many times & same results, an hourglass with note that documents have been received.
does anyone know how to speak to a claims person? if so I would sure like to know how.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts