RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Lonestar EcoDiesel 4X4
1,865 Posts
I submitted my claim about a week ago. I got the approval notice the other day. I wasn't going to do this, but $3k is hard to pass up, I guess. I recently took my vehicle in for the AEM and the other recalls. The check engine light is on now. :rolleyes:
A week later, the MOPAR site doesn't show that the recalls or AEM have been completed.
We'll see how this goes.
My truck has about 93,000 miles on it now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I submitted my claim about a week ago. I got the approval notice the other day. I wasn't going to do this, but $3k is hard to pass up, I guess. I recently took my vehicle in for the AEM and the other recalls. The check engine light is on now. :rolleyes:
A week later, the MOPAR site doesn't show that the recalls or AEM have been completed.
We'll see how this goes.
My truck has about 93,000 miles on it now.
Was is worth having it done? We have a 2016 and have not had any problems.

·
Registered
2014 Lonestar EcoDiesel 4X4
1,865 Posts
Was is worth having it done? We have a 2016 and have not had any problems.
I guess I'm still on the fence about if it was worth it or not. Time will tell.
When I took it back because the MIL was on they ran it through the DEF test and told me the MIL was on because my DEF was weak. They gave me some crazy quote of like $600 to drain, flush and refill the DEF system. I passed on that.
I looked up how to drain/siphon the DEF tank on this forum and did it myself in the street in front of my house.
When I took the truck back for the EGR cooler replacement, the MIL was reset and it hasn't been back on, yet. I'm waiting on it to show up again.

On the drivability with the AEM, it is a good bit noisier in certain conditions, like cold mornings and a slight incline shifting into second gear it makes some shuddering/surging noise. Other than that, it seems to be fine.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I'm in the same boat, took mine in got the AEM done. The EPA update tune is noticeably worse than with GDE. I will be getting a aftermarket tune back in it asap. I have checked the website and mine still shows i have not completed the software update even though it was 2-3 weeks ago now.

I did have a guy from the dealer call me last night wanting to buy my truck lol I told him I still like it. I wonder if that's part of the gig, do the update make it where it sucks to drive compared to what it was and then offer to buy it cheap lol.

·
Premium Member
2014 RAM Big Horn 4x4 Quad diesel
78 Posts
I did have a guy from the dealer call me last night wanting to buy my truck lol I told him I still like it. I wonder if that's part of the gig, do the update make it where it sucks to drive compared to what it was and then offer to buy it cheap lol.
That does sound like a plausible marketing approach.
The AEM was definitively to satisfy EPA, and drivability be damned.

·
Registered
554 Posts
So I have emailed the scans of my acceptance letter and the page that was to be notarized 2 times now and I have later on gotten an email saying they are waiting for this.
Is this common? Do I just need to give them time? Can’t get a live body on the phone so thought I’d try here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I sent mine electronically, but if it still is like it was in the past, they sort of batch these and it may take a couple of weeks for acknowledgement of receipt. That’s what I was told quite a while back when I submitted (and then later received) claim.

221 - 228 of 228 Posts