RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the call today, the truck is still broken, but FCA has agreed to buyback the truck. Now the question is how much are they going to offer me. I know the consent decree states NADA value or better, but I don't think it is going to be that easy.

·
Administrator
8,590 Posts
Well I got the call today, the truck is still broken, but FCA has agreed to buyback the truck. Now the question is how much are they going to offer me. I know the consent decree states NADA value or better, but I don't think it is going to be that easy.
Good luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice! I just started the process today, I’m at 28 days in the shop but they said it won’t be done until next week at least. How long did it take FCA to approve it?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! I just started the process today, I’m at 28 days in the shop but they said it won’t be done until next week at least. How long did it take FCA to approve it?
Well FCA is only offering me $27K for my truck. The NADA value is $31.5K. Pretty sure this goes against 9th district court consent decree said, but hey, I'm not a lawyer. So I declined their offer and emailed my lawyers to get their take on it.

·
Administrator
8,590 Posts
Well FCA is only offering me $27K for my truck. The NADA value is $31.5K. Pretty sure this goes against 9th district court consent decree said, but hey, I'm not a lawyer. So I declined their offer and emailed my lawyers to get their take on it.
Why not just sell it yourself if you no longer want it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
FCA is smart they know the fair market value and their offer is in that area, they want to make you somewhat happy, a bad mouthing ex-customer is a bad thing. Books and Guides are just words and are as stale as the print date. The market for our trucks is simply poor because of the FUD that exists, and so the market is in the $20's. Poor FCA they were the innovator but because of the EPA and their weaknesses in dealing with it well they are struggling... as far as our resale value, that is tarnished forever.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That makes the FCA offer look good.:)
Actually, no the FCA offer came very close to that. Specifically, they offered me $4K less than the NADA clean retail value. They also tried to process my buyback under FL state laws BUT I bought my truck in Georgia!

I told them they could shove their offer.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The VW settlement paid NADA clean retail back to the date that the EPA first announced the cheating. Many VW owners got offered more than they paid for their vehicles new. Hopefully vettelover will reveal his buyback deal.
Here's my VW buyback offer. The only owner's that got more money than they paid were those that sent back 2015 models. I got a decent deal on my 11 Golf, but not the 10 JSW.

1) your vehicle return amount derived from the September 2015 NADA Used Car Guide Clean Trade value, or a percentage of MSRP for 2015 Model Year vehicles, with adjustments for mileage and manufacturer-installed options

·
Registered
17 Posts
Curious about this. My truck is now 3 weeks in the shop, parts keeps blowing left and right when they replace them after the AEM. How did you go through the process to get FCA to buy back your truck? Service guy at the dealership says my truck can be in there a while due to the issues from the AEM.

·
Administrator
8,590 Posts
Curious about this. My truck is now 3 weeks in the shop, parts keeps blowing left and right when they replace them after the AEM. How did you go through the process to get FCA to buy back your truck? Service guy at the dealership says my truck can be in there a while due to the issues from the AEM.
Scroll down to page 15.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks.. Good to know.. This stems an additional question, after the 30 days whom do we reach out to to start the buy back request. I don't see that in the long form attachment. Should the authorized dealer submit it?

Asked the dealer who has my truck if they would take it as a trade in while they try to fix it and the sales manager refused saying they don't want to even deal with the V08 recall trucks and won't buy them. I get this is different just wanted to share the awesome story (sarcam).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you go through ncds? Iam going for binding arbitration aug 16th with ncds.
I went through some arbitration company, but they sent me a really bad offer based off an inaccurate reading of the law. So I told my attorney's and they told me to stop dealing with FCA directly. So for now, the lawyers are dealing directly with FCA on my behalf.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hope it works out for you vettelover. I know adding lawyers into the mess can get very expensive, very quickly. Maybe FCA has to pick up your lawyers fees too?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts