RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lag after the AEM is absolutely dangerous. I was barely missed by a semi because the truck wouldn't accelerate as before. The depth of deception in this whole affair is going to kill one of us and our families.
RAM, if your reading this, BUY THEM BACK NOW... It's just a matter of time before it costs FCA way more than doing the right thing.
I could go on and on about how the truck has been a POS and in the shop more than on the road, but most of you have experienced same thing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wow man. Take a deep breath and calm down. Then go buy a GDE tune with some of that 3 grand and go live life. I can't relate to the pos deal ether. Mine had some issues but nothing big or any different then the rest of the manufacturers.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I just don't understand the hyperventilating.

Buddy, if you are merging in a manner that requires instant full power from your vehicle, you are making horrible decisions and driving like an idiot. YOU not FCA will be responsible for killing someone. Wait for a bigger Gap in traffic bud.

This goes for anyone operating any vehicle... Boat, car plane etc.... You never operate that vehicle in a manner that requires peak performance in order to have a safe outcome. That's just plain dumb. As a fellow motorist on the road, I don't want to be dodging dummies.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sorry for your exciting experience operating your ED, truly hope your not driving in Miami or Orlando...my biggest disappointment is the heel hole in my driver side floor mat...should one expect a floor mat to last beyond 4,000 hours? :cool:

OTW best truck w/o question fit and finish, ride, mpg to power ratio, and mechanically mint. 2 Easy to fix electrical issues common for Post-Modern Cultural trucks...

·
Registered
32 Posts

Buddy, if you are merging in a manner that requires instant full power from your vehicle, you are making horrible decisions and driving like an idiot. YOU not FCA will be responsible for killing someone. Wait for a bigger Gap in traffic bud.

This goes for anyone operating any vehicle... Boat, car plane etc.... You never operate that vehicle in a manner that requires peak performance in order to have a safe outcome. That's just plain dumb. As a fellow motorist on the road, I don't want to be dodging dummies.
I don't know how people don't see this. Every vehicle has different power and acceleration. You should adjust your driving to that reality. I don't see how the manufacturer is to blame for that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like turtles!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lag after the AEM is absolutely dangerous. I was barely missed by a semi because the truck wouldn't accelerate as before. The depth of deception in this whole affair is going to kill one of us and our families.
RAM, if your reading this, BUY THEM BACK NOW... It's just a matter of time before it costs FCA way more than doing the right thing.
I could go on and on about how the truck has been a POS and in the shop more than on the road, but most of you have experienced same thing.
I've had the update done and know exactly what your talking about. It really changed the performance of my truck. Mine hasn't been in the shop but considering selling due to the update. It just doesn't drive the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had the AEM done and when the vehicle is not up to operating temp I put the unit in tow/haul to improve the acceleration. But I agree with the other postings that you've got to adjust your driving to the vehicle you have. If you expect performance like a Hemi, then you need to trade for one....

·
Registered
88 Posts
The turbo lag is a very real issue, I experienced it myself several times. Beyond that, my turbo failed 3x times while at highway speeds or while merging onto an interstate. Very dangerous to say the least. I actually had a VERY close call with a Porsche while merging on to the interstate in SC. Driver wasn't paying attention, my turbo wasn't producing boost, short on ramp. I pulled over at the next exit to collect myself. I sold the truck because it wasn't reliable or safe to drive anymore. BTW: You can actually drive this truck naturally aspirated on mostly flat ground, although got down to 45 MPH on some inclines on SC - Interstate-85 NB. If you are trying to drive up anything bigger than a hill without the turbo, its not going to work.

For everyone who's Ecodiesel's are running without issues, bravo. Personally, I wasn't going to gamble with the safety of my family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The turbo lag is a very real issue, I experienced it myself several times. Beyond that, my turbo failed 3x times while at highway speeds or while merging onto an interstate. Very dangerous to say the least. I actually had a VERY close call with a Porsche while merging on to the interstate in SC. Driver wasn't paying attention, my turbo wasn't producing boost, short on ramp. I pulled over at the next exit to collect myself. I sold the truck because it wasn't reliable or safe to drive anymore. BTW: You can actually drive this truck naturally aspirated on mostly flat ground, although got down to 45 MPH on some inclines on SC - Interstate-85 NB. If you are trying to drive up anything bigger than a hill without the turbo, its not going to work.

For everyone who's Ecodiesel's are running without issues, bravo. Personally, I wasn't going to gamble with the safety of my family.
I installed a pedal commander and it totally solved the problem. Took five minutes and 1/10 of what they paid me ($300)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just pointing out... my wifes jgc, has had an emissions recall.... shifter recall which someone got killed... higher engine failure rates over average and an oil change spec that was top secret... I have never paid for a vehicle whose value went to cr-p and had so many issues.... do the jeeps have fire issues? Just not proud to own an fca product right now... with the soot being a time bomb, I can only hope it has a catastrophic failure and I walk away...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts

I do understand why the OP is upset. What I don't fully understand is responses like this. Do you think, perhaps, YOU are overreacting a bit? Perhaps your merging with traffic technique differs from mine, but mine actually does require acceleration. Suddenly coming dead effing stop for 4-5 seconds isn't part of the plan. It isn't what a properly functioning vehicle does.

I managed to drive my truck with zero close calls until FCA "fixed" it, and I've managed to not get hit yet since but, yeah, I have had a few close calls. Anyone who is experiencing the problem to the degree I have (or presumably the OP) knows damn well that it is unacceptable and not safe. If you aren't having the problem, that's really awesome for you but assuming that everyone who is experiencing this problem simply doesn't know how to drive is, well, douchey. Don't be douchey.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am sick and tired of people trying to school us on how to drive our trucks. Unless you've experienced the post AEM acceleration problem, you don't have any authority on the subject. Many of us like myself in our mid 50's do NOT drive like teenagers and would prefer to pull out at a moderate speed (nothing crazy) on a 40mph road and just have the truck respond like it used to, without the near 3 second delay from pedal pressure to actual engine response.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts