1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FCA CANADA REBATE IMPORTANT MESSAGE!

My message to FCA

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
That's a disgusting video.

Your foreign version of the EPA sue FCA? Tell them to do so citing serious environmental damage to your environment. Take pictures of the Ecodiesel in front of some of those giant wood processing plants spewing plumes of smoke in your country.

Actually in the USA our EPA punished FCA for nothing but a procedural anomaly. There was no environmental damage here. It was also not like Volkswagen. They punished a company who made us the beneficiaries of all the merits our Ecodiesels have given us. We all have enjoyed the greatest fuel mileage and cleanest diesel we have ever see. I think we should be PAYING FCA for the privilege we have had to own one.

·
Registered
530 Posts
That's a disgusting video.

Your foreign version of the EPA sue FCA? Tell them to do so citing serious environmental damage to your environment. Take pictures of the Ecodiesel in front of some of those giant wood processing plants spewing plumes of smoke in your country.

Actually in the USA our EPA punished FCA for nothing but a procedural anomaly. There was no environmental damage here. It was also not like Volkswagen. They punished a company who made us the beneficiaries of all the merits our Ecodiesels have given us. We all have enjoyed the greatest fuel mileage and cleanest diesel we have ever see. I think we should be PAYING FCA for the privilege we have had to own one.
Well when you get your AEM check you can send it my way since you decided that we should pay FCA for our vehicles. In Canada we have paid FCA more than our southern friends. We pay a higher price due to the exchange rate, we pay for an unequal warranty and now you guys are getting $3075 plus a 4 year extended warranty. You guys are getting the pleasure and as usual we are getting the shaft.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we should be PAYING FCA for the privilege we have had to own one.

HUH?

Cap, you must be kidding right?

Shouldn't Canadians expect to get a payout like our American friends? In fact, our payout should be double that which you received because we paid a lot more for our trucks.
As far as the rest of your reply - ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
NO. NOT kidding.

There has been NO environmental damage from the Ecodiesel anyone can show. NONE. In fact, with the great fuel mileage, it has been good for the environment using less fuel and therefore less pollution from both manufacture and usage of that fuel. The U.S. EPA was on a roll to attack VW and carried on, keeping their job status and paychecks, against FCA and maybe more.

I firmly think the whole issue is a non-issue. Our government is the real issue. I love my country but fear my government. Fortunately right now we have people busting their butts trying to make sense out of the past corruption and liberal graft we have endured for too long.

If foreign countries want a piece of the action, make their own vehicles and get their people in on it. Right now most vehicles are made by US, English, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Chinese, Indian and maybe Brazilian companies. Probably forgot some smaller European countries but got the biggest ones. These countries make most of the vehicles for the world. These countries also control the worlds' vehicle pollution. You want some pollution control? Deal with China, Russia and India. They are the major ones making the mother load with little control.

The Ecodiesel did not hurt our environment and I fail to see how any of us were harmed and deserve compensation for reaping the benefits of the design. The frenzy to me is greed for a dollar.

Who was that President Clinton associate that said, "Never know what you get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park". Well we got a frenzy of greed here for that three grand.

·
Registered
108 Posts
NO. NOT kidding.

There has been NO environmental damage from the Ecodiesel anyone can show. NONE. In fact, with the great fuel mileage, it has been good for the environment using less fuel and therefore less pollution from both manufacture and usage of that fuel. The U.S. EPA was on a roll to attack VW and carried on, keeping their job status and paychecks, against FCA and maybe more.

I firmly think the whole issue is a non-issue. Our government is the real issue. I love my country but fear my government. Fortunately right now we have people busting their butts trying to make sense out of the past corruption and liberal graft we have endured for too long.

If foreign countries want a piece of the action, make their own vehicles and get their people in on it. Right now most vehicles are made by US, English, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Chinese, Indian and maybe Brazilian companies. Probably forgot some smaller European countries but got the biggest ones. These countries make most of the vehicles for the world. These countries also control the worlds' vehicle pollution. You want some pollution control? Deal with China, Russia and India. They are the major ones making the mother load with little control.

The Ecodiesel did not hurt our environment and I fail to see how any of us were harmed and deserve compensation for reaping the benefits of the design. The frenzy to me is greed for a dollar.

Who was that President Clinton associate that said, "Never know what you get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park". Well we got a frenzy of greed here for that three grand.

I think the point we're trying to make is whether you bought the truck in USA or in Canada, it's pretty much the same truck, some with more bells and whistles than others.

Americans should consider themselves lucky to have received a big $3075 pay-out from FCA. It's like a gift for owning it and helps give back some $ that you put into it... You can then turn around and get a nice tune with the money if you choose.

In Canada, we're getting squat. We still have the same issues, and all the other issues that come along with an Ecodiesel, yet nothing back from FCA. And if we decide to get the AEM, then most will want to get a tune to make up for the crappy tune. Certainly would help the cost of a tune to have some $$ from FCA like our American friends. After all it's the same truck, made by the same company. Why does it matter where you bought it or where you live if you get this pay out or not?

I personally have GDE and I love it, I'm certainly not putting on the crappy AEM update unless I'm forced to (i.e., when the Ontario government says they won't renew my val tag unless I update it, then I'll consider it), but for now it appears to be optional, so IMO, it's not for me... So unless the FCA decides to pay us equitably, AEM is not going on my truck...

·
Registered
463 Posts
IMO the compensation was partly to cover increased depreciation with these emissions cheating stories floating around. Dealers will use any excuse to low ball on trade in, and add that to reliability stories floating around and your truck is worth jack squat after a few years. I already took that hit in trade in myself.

Yes Canada, the land of the bleeding heart liberal and high taxes, gets a raw deal again. No surprises here, no consumer protection. My province has no diesel emissions testing to speak of just because we are always 10 years behind the mainland on most regulations. Agree the diesel is not the enemy of the environment if a person looks at the big picture. But certainly something politicians, regulators and the media like to make a fuss about after the VW debacle. All that being said we are regulated and rated by the EPA in Canada like the US. Still subject to unreliable emissions equipment, that manufacturers are basically forced to cheat on if they want to make them work. But not entitled to a red cent, VW made good in Canada with their payouts but they didn't have to.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Then the CAC group needs to do what the EPA did in the United States. Even though there is some cooperation in regulations I do not think any group in Canada has taken FCA to a Canadian court seeking a similar settlement. Guessing it would be unrealistic for a U.S. legal move to apply to another country.

There sure is a precedent in the U.S. Get a Canadian court to rule.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Oh there is various class actions by legal companies and personal lawsuits. Just a slower process. Smaller legal companies compared to the states maybe? I don't expect to get a red cent and current owners shouldn't expect one either. Unless FCA decides to compensate in good faith which I doubt they ever would.

It's the same with various other car laws in Canada. No lemon laws here, you get a lemon too bad. No Magnuson moss here either. Anyways it's just the way it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FCA have the engineers that developed this wonderful truck. Would they not realize the value of a GDE tune and develop a factory equivalent?

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
FCA have the engineers that developed this wonderful truck. Would they not realize the value of a GDE tune and develop a factory equivalent?
That tune would not satisfy EPA ,
they had to choose between low Nox , or low CO2 , pick your poison ...
GDE tune is still low on Nox even if higher than stock tune , all other polluants are lower than stock tune when GDE Hot tuned .
((EDITED to correct wrong statement , Thanks PEIECO ))

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
You mean the other way around don't you? Low CO2 and high NOx tuned?
you are right , I was going by what I quickly read , but looking deeper gives more info :
GDE wrote it : post # 13 by GDE in here :
https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-general-discussion/61916-decreased-def-consumption-gde-tune.html#post937246
----------------
... , in same thread at post # 11 , I quote something else GDE said
and it seems Nox is higher on Gde tune than stock tune ,
""GDE saying all emissions with the exception of nox to be lower with their tune ""
if DEF deactivated ==> even higher Nox...

·
Super Moderator
3,763 Posts
That tune would not satisfy EPA ,
they had to choose between low Nox , or low CO2
GDE tune is very low on Nox , but EPA wants low CO2 .
You have that backwards, the EPA is more concerned about lower NOx than CO2 which is the opposite of the rest of the world.
CO2 is a greenhouse gas that doesn't dissipate, where as NOx breaks down in 24/48 hours on its own. A vehicle's fuel efficiency/horsepower usually goes up as the CO2 level in the exhaust is lowered.
The EPA/CARB say theyre are concerned about NOx since it causes "acid rain", that because of the LA basin that basically a stagnant pocket of air over Los Angeles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The service manager told me to wait a few months and FCA would be releasing a new tune to address poor performance. Won't be holding my breath.

·
Registered
57 Posts
NO. NOT kidding.

Cap. I have to agree with you on much of your thinking here, with one great exception.... this whole dam law suit business is about $$$ hungry State of Californication.... California CARB is interested in only one thing, filling there debt ridden state coffers with other folks money.... and with the backing of the FED EPA, they can sue anyone, at any cost, with an open check book, win, and get away with it... the State of Oklahoma, without the Fed (being involved), sued a major drug company, settled for chicken feed, and now the fed wants half of that money...

These Eco diesels burn so clean, I'd suck the air coming out of their pipes.... I have never had a problem, issue, malfunction out of my Eco until this last flash, now I have a list of crap that is causing issues... California, Oregon, Washington, New York, they all need to leave the Union, and take their freakin tree huggin politicians with them...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW!

Look what I started.
All I was trying to convey is that I wanted my payout too....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts