RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh, we're getting it Mike. We're getting it real good too mon ami.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If Canadian owners get some financial restitution from FCA I wonder what will happen to weirdos like me who are American but own an ED originally sold in Alberta. Thankfully it's a 2017 and now that it has GDE I'm set...but I'd gladly take a check or drive from Portland to BC to pick one up :cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
If Canadian owners get some financial restitution from FCA I wonder what will happen to weirdos like me who are American but own an ED originally sold in Alberta. Thankfully it's a 2017 and now that it has GDE I'm set...but I'd gladly take a check or drive from Portland to BC to pick one up :cool:
Was just going to type the same thing... Unknown to me at time of purchase my truck was originally in Ontario... After 100miles I had a warranty issue come up with the DEF system. FCA's the only of the big three whose warranty doesn't cross the US and Canadian border.

I made the dealer i bought it from take it to Canada and get it fixed under warranty, or pay out of pocket to fix it. I had to threaten Lemon law.

I need to buy my GDE hot tune... I bought the truck two years ago at 53,xxx and I'm now at 115,xxx miles

·
Registered
151 Posts
I bought mine from a Cadillac dealer who didn’t know it was a Canadian rig. Spoke to a RAM dealer who informed me of NO warranty in the US on Canadian rigs. Worked the Cadillac dealer to include a 3 yr 36K mile comprehensive warranty on the deal. Put the GDE hot tune on last week. 1200+ mile trip over some passes up to ~4,300 feet and got 26.1 MPG.

·
Registered
241 Posts
NO. NOT kidding.

There has been NO environmental damage from the Ecodiesel anyone can show. NONE. In fact, with the great fuel mileage, it has been good for the environment using less fuel and therefore less pollution from both manufacture and usage of that fuel. The U.S. EPA was on a roll to attack VW and carried on, keeping their job status and paychecks, against FCA and maybe more.

I firmly think the whole issue is a non-issue. Our government is the real issue. I love my country but fear my government. Fortunately right now we have people busting their butts trying to make sense out of the past corruption and liberal graft we have endured for too long.

If foreign countries want a piece of the action, make their own vehicles and get their people in on it. Right now most vehicles are made by US, English, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Chinese, Indian and maybe Brazilian companies. Probably forgot some smaller European countries but got the biggest ones. These countries make most of the vehicles for the world. These countries also control the worlds' vehicle pollution. You want some pollution control? Deal with China, Russia and India. They are the major ones making the mother load with little control.

The Ecodiesel did not hurt our environment and I fail to see how any of us were harmed and deserve compensation for reaping the benefits of the design. The frenzy to me is greed for a dollar.

Who was that President Clinton associate that said, "Never know what you get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park". Well we got a frenzy of greed here for that three grand.
Actually NOX kills people prematurely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
NO. NOT kidding.

There has been NO environmental damage from the Ecodiesel anyone can show. NONE. In fact, with the great fuel mileage, it has been good for the environment using less fuel and therefore less pollution from both manufacture and usage of that fuel. The U.S. EPA was on a roll to attack VW and carried on, keeping their job status and paychecks, against FCA and maybe more.

I firmly think the whole issue is a non-issue. Our government is the real issue. I love my country but fear my government. Fortunately right now we have people busting their butts trying to make sense out of the past corruption and liberal graft we have endured for too long.

If foreign countries want a piece of the action, make their own vehicles and get their people in on it. Right now most vehicles are made by US, English, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Chinese, Indian and maybe Brazilian companies. Probably forgot some smaller European countries but got the biggest ones. These countries make most of the vehicles for the world. These countries also control the worlds' vehicle pollution. You want some pollution control? Deal with China, Russia and India. They are the major ones making the mother load with little control.

The Ecodiesel did not hurt our environment and I fail to see how any of us were harmed and deserve compensation for reaping the benefits of the design. The frenzy to me is greed for a dollar.

Who was that President Clinton associate that said, "Never know what you get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park". Well we got a frenzy of greed here for that three grand.
The "environmental damage" was from the increased amount of NOx that was put into the air due to FCA using software to defeat the ECS. I don't know about where you live, but I know of a lot of areas that have ozone watches. NOx reacts with other pollutants to form ozone. It also causes damage to vegetation. So yes, the defeat was causing environmental issue. Maybe not to the level that you would care about, I don't know. Getting great fuel mileage doesn't trump the law no matter how good it is.

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/fiat-chrysler-automobiles-clean-air-act-civil-settlement-information-sheet#violations

·
Registered
45 Posts
What a bunch of fing bastards. If I bought a truck in the states that was originally sold in Canada I qualify for the fing settlement.!

Bastards.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts