RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ram Limited Ecodiesel, 2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Ecodiesel 93,000miles
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here dealt with factory mechanical problems with their NEW truck and months later an FCA Customer Care / Stellantis Advocate calls and offer $3,000 goodwill reimbursement?
*Release of Liability waiver required.

If yes, mind just letting me know if you signed and received or decided against signing = no check.
I'm suspicious by nature. So a random check from Customer Care and a release of liability on my 10-month old truck that is still under warranty makes me a little nervous.

Release of Liability paperwork will be sent only upon verbal agreement to the deal.
However, I'm not obligated to sign based on verbal agreement.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Ask an attorney. Depending on state, verbal agreements can be binding.

In addition, there are legal issues with forcing you to agree to something without you being able to review the agreement. Again, details are state dependent.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What factory mechanical problems are you referring to?
With 150 miles on the vehicle, it went into dealership service for a total of 35 days due to 80% loss of power while driving with Electronic Throttle CEL. End result determined it was Nitrous Oxide (NOX) Sensor and Exhaust Pressure (EX) Sensor. Service advisor also had a Star Team advisor come out and nothing "notable" was found. Their theory about all the issues on this 2020 truck: faulty sensors and/or poor installation of parts (loose fittings, etc) at the manufacturer level.
Everything was covered under warranty and I was given a rental vehicle during this time period.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ask an attorney. Depending on state, verbal agreements can be binding.

In addition, there are legal issues with forcing you to agree to something without you being able to review the agreement. Again, details are state dependent.
Thanks. Will do. That was my concern, I would say yes, review the paperwork, decide not to do it and be stuck in the black hole of legal binding issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From your explanation alone, they are asking you to sign away your Lemon Law rights in exchange for $3k.

I would have your lawyer review the documents and advise you on what your giving up before proceeding.
Thanks. Will do. It's that feeling of something's not right here...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Anyone here dealt with factory mechanical problems with their NEW truck and months later an FCA Customer Care / Stellantis Advocate calls and offer $3,000 goodwill reimbursement?
*Release of Liability waiver required.

If yes, mind just letting me know if you signed and received or decided against signing = no check.
I'm suspicious by nature. So a random check from Customer Care and a release of liability on my 10-month old truck that is still under warranty makes me a little nervous.

Release of Liability paperwork will be sent only upon verbal agreement to the deal.
However, I'm not obligated to sign based on verbal agreement.
Hi: OutTheGate... Something smells phishy in stellantics land. Don't close the gate after the Ram has bolted.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi: OutTheGate... Something smells phishy in stellantics land. Don't close the gate after the Ram has bolted.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
Thanks. One might expect extended warranty. But cash and release? I agree, smells phishy.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
126 Posts
You should just ask them to extend the warranty on the truck instead of the $3000.....
Yes...but who wants a warranty on a truck that would spend most of it's life in the repair shop...?
$60,000 truck gets into a lump mode after 150 miles, then spends 35 days in a repair shop... At this rate, even a hemi with it's 14mpg is a better investment than a repair shop queen...
If I was OP, I'd turn and run from this deal, the longer he is trapped in it, more costly it gets...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Yes...but who wants a warranty on a truck that would spend most of it's life in the repair shop...?
$60,000 truck gets into a lump mode after 150 miles, then spends 35 days in a repair shop... At this rate, even a hemi with it's 14mpg is a better investment than a repair shop queen...
If I was OP, I'd turn and run from this deal, the longer he is trapped in it, more costly it gets...
The absolute vast majority of people with ecodiesels dont have this issue. This is an oddball problem.

Most peeps on this forum rarely see the dealer for issues. Mine has not been in in years. Im actually scared to bring it in for recalls. Its been pretty perfect. 83k miles. 2015 laramie. Tuned..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the responses. Much appreciated.

Update:
I was told by an attorney: agreeing to accept the $3,000 Goodwill Reimbursement would prevent me from bringing a Lemon Law claim. *I'm in California.
In this scenario, $3,000 is not worth signing my rights away as a consumer.
Nice try FCA.

The initial mechanical issues qualify me for a Lemon Law BuyBack here in California.
But I chose NOT to go that route after the problems were resolved.
As of today, I've had no problems; I love the truck. That's why I bought it.
It's my 2nd ED.
I've got a good warranty on it and the dealership service guys really worked to get things resolved.

For now, I'm thankful not to own a clunky GMC with crappy interior that gets 12miles to the California $4.00gallon. Ouch!

·
Registered
11 Posts
A family member in SE USA encountered a similar offer after a brand new Ram truck couldn’t be properly repaired. He declined and shortly thereafter the dealer offered him a new model year truck. His only cash outlay was the difference in sticker price.
good Luck!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I would take the $3,000 dollars. Your truck is repaired and you most likely won't have any more problems that would require a lemon law.

Reactions: MAS and justind

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
As an arm chair quarterback, I would have probably opted for the lemon law and gotten into a different truck.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Your truck is still under warranty correct?

I would take the $3000 all day long, if problems persist sell before warranty runs out. Or are you giving up the remainder of the factory warranty coverage along with the lemon law rights?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your truck is still under warranty correct?

I would take the $3000 all day long, if problems persist sell before warranty runs out. Or are you giving up the remainder of the factory warranty coverage along with the lemon law rights?
Truck is still under warranty. There is legal mumbo jumbo that I waive some legal and weaken warranty rights If the same problem arises The problem was exhaust system / temp sensor complicated; not like the muffler fell off and was replaced. Otherwise, warranty stands in full effect. As far as Lemon Law, I weaken or lose my rights when I sign waiver for cash reimbursement. Dice roll? Maybe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts