RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped off my truck yesterday in Wenatchee, WA for the same issues others have reported here of throttle response being totally sucky after the AEM update.

They opened Star case and SM called me to say that FCA knows there is a problem but both dealer and owner have to answer a questionnaire and then hopefully there is some sort of fix (?) Told them I would touch base with them Friday I'm driving a new rental Jeep Wrangler for now. Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Dropped off my truck yesterday I'm driving a new rental Jeep Wrangler for now. Will keep you all posted.
Last winter -40F got to use a rental during a snow white out blizzard with 40 mph winds.....Jeep Wrangler Sarah Unlimited performed flawlessly on ice covered roads and winds.

Impressed me from driving in gusting winds on ice to just plain ole green light take offs.

You should look for some off road trails if you can.....and report back!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just turned in the same type of loaner.
Didn't go off road but I did aim for every pot hole...
I also parked under trees and wires whenever possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so I got my truck back. Star Case was opened and FCA confirmed the problem in my truck but there is no fix yet, "they are working on it." I have to pull my 28 foot travel trailer in a few weeks and I am not looking forward to it with the throttle response being this poor. They told me to warm up the truck for 5 minutes before driving. It helps a little, but not much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got my truck 3 weeks ago. It already had the AEM done. I just thought the throttle response was because it was an "ECOdiesel". Good to know it wasn't always like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts