RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, looks like my time as an EcoDiesel and ram owner has come to an end.

matter the main bearing failed on my truck a few months back, ad lots of back and forth between the dealers. FCA has refused to fix my engine on grounds that regular maintenance wasn’t performed. It’s BS, of course. I have receipts for the oil and filters I purchased for the changes I’d done. But nevertheless, they denied it. About 15 months of ownership, and less than 10 months of driving, FCA’s fancy lawyers and endless funds have beaten my lowly, blue collar self down to my knees.

I appreciate everyone’s help across the last year. next step is hoping I can get something decent out of the truck so I can put a dent in what’s left of my loan.

dave.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer was Monroeville dodge Jeep Ram, out of Monroeville PA. They really screwed me the whole way. From taking a month to get my truck in (after having an appointment) to poor service, never answering the phone, and leaving my window crudely taped during a storm with the driver door open and doors unlocked. FCA clearly doesn’t police their dealers, and doesn’t care about their customers. They’ll bend you over just like anyone else. I’ve lost money from the rental, which I now have to pay because they won’t cover it, and I’m losing tens of thousands on a truck I’m still paying off.

Ill never buy mopar again. But, I suppose they don’t care about one little customer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as what was lacking, they claim I had no proof the oil changes were actually done. Despite showing them receipts and offering to do an oil analysis, they said it wouldn’t change their verdict. They’re perfectly fine with stomping on those who can’t afford to take legal action against them. They do it because they can, and they’ll keep doing so until the money lining their pockets gets affected.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Have you considered taking it to another service department? Warranty work pays less than hourly work. Many service departments refuse to do warranty work for some jobs. I imagine the warranty rate for an engine change is much less than the actual hourly rate it takes to do the job. Get a second opinion.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
No proof it was actually done .........B.S.
they need a movie and a notarised form ??
FCA customer care contacted from you ??
that american ??/moss law makes them proove wrong doing , not force you to proove , doesn't it ??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Magnuson moss act. It covers me from having to take it to a dealer to maintain. But I suppose FCA and their fancy lawyers have found a loophole.

aooarently all the warranty work is routes through one regional manager, who already denied it. Unfortunately it’s not looking good

a piece of advice, just bite the bullet And take your truck to the overpriced dealer until it’s out of warranty. I tried saving myself money and only damned myself in the end.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Magnuson Moss Act , right ,
sorry I'm in Canada so I don't have the coordonates , but I have seen before in
threads , some phone number to reprt this kind of abuse and get help , maybe an american
member can steer you towards free help and not have to lawyer-up.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Sounds like you have grounds for a lawsuit.
we don't have all the facts , but unless his receipts were
for a FRAM filter or the wrong oil , he should fight .
good paper trail should be all that is needed , dates written in owner's manual in glove compaertment , or any little book , any kind of record.
it is huge $$$$.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used my car fax to keep track of the records. First oil change I did was myself. Used t6 and a purolator filter. Second one was with mobile 1 and an AFE filter that was done at a shop. I had receipts for everything. They did mention that the shop didn’t put my vin on the reciept. Just my truck, name, address, phone number, etc. FCA is getting picky trying to **** over their customers.

Im not sure a lawsuit is worth it. I’m already about 20k in the hole on this truck. Another few grand in lawyer fees won’t help me. This process has drug on for months. I just want this behind me.

Never thought I’d buy japanese, but Toyota here I come.

·
Administrator
8,657 Posts
Well guys, looks like my time as an EcoDiesel and ram owner has come to an end.

matter the main bearing failed on my truck a few months back, ad lots of back and forth between the dealers. FCA has refused to fix my engine on grounds that regular maintenance wasn’t performed. It’s BS, of course. I have receipts for the oil and filters I purchased for the changes I’d done. But nevertheless, they denied it. About 15 months of ownership, and less than 10 months of driving, FCA’s fancy lawyers and endless funds have beaten my lowly, blue collar self down to my knees.

I appreciate everyone’s help across the last year. next step is hoping I can get something decent out of the truck so I can put a dent in what’s left of my loan.

dave.
This is unbelievable. What year and how many miles? I think this is the first failed engine not replaced if still under warranty. A few had to fight a little top get it done.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
IMOP..The writing was on the wall when somehow FCA was able to omit covering the engine bearings from the EPA/ Emissions settlement ..

FCA doesn’t want to warranty the failed EcoDiesel engines any longer than they have to And lately they’ve been denying coverage, not a good sign...

When a member was only 170 miles past oil change 20,000 miles earlier and FCA tried to deny engine warranty? What’s Up ?

I never bothered keeping oil change receipts, 40+ years So this gives FCA the right to deny warranty ?

IMOP FCA needs to actually openly admit the reason for the spun bearings and quit blaming the EcoDiesel owners , as they have been doing lately....

Guess what? It’ll never happen for a long time....Or at least not until the warranties are over...

·
Registered
758 Posts
This is unbelievable. What year and how many miles? I think this is the first failed engine not replaced if still under warranty. A few had to fight a little top get it done.
That was my first thought too ..... so I went back to see what sort of info is in the earlier posts. The truck was bought used, it's a 2015, it's already had fairly major repairs done by the owner? (if I read correctly), it's deleted, etc .....

The question to be asked is .... how much warranty was put on, or was remaining on the truck when the current owner bought it?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I never bothered keeping oil change receipts, 40+ years So this gives FCA the right to deny warranty ?
Not quite that long, but ive never kept receipts or a record of oil changes past when the next one is due. I have never run oil changes past the manufacturers service interval. If my ecodiesel goes "bearings up" ill will either have to have a great dealer, fight it out, or bend over and take it. I guess I could hunt down my credit cart receipts and my amazon order history for filters? I have it hand written in my owners manual, but don't know what that will stand for. If I have call to use it someone will get their ear bent that is for certain if I have trouble.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2015 with 39k. Failed 300mi after oil change. I’m the 2nd owner, bought with 24k mi

1 - 20 of 45 Posts