RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
When FCA came out with the software "patch" to settle the lawsuit, I stopped taking my 2014 EcoLethal into the dealer (scared they would update even though I didn't settle...separate lawsuit for myself and 250 others). I've been doing my own oil/filter/fuel filter/transmission filter and diff service. Bought a third party warranty...they told me as long as I have receipts, I'm covered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is that $10,000 figure still accurate? My cousins ecodiesel blew and he got prices for a new motor out of pocket. Just the cost of the motor from RAM (or at least this dealer) after the AEM was announced was $15,000. His out the door price having it all done at a RAM dealer was right at $20,000.
I've just bought a 2016 Ram EcoDiesel from my boss/mate, he had an engine let go last year some time, at about 42000 miles, had it replaced under warranty but in October at 43000 miles, it went pop too, I don't know the details but the ancillies were from the 1st engine & put onto the 2nd, which is why it bew,.... so he had to pay £16000 for a new Crate engine & fitting, and it's still got warranty until October 2020... it's now only done 43450 miles & I hope I've nothing to worry about. ... all I need to understand is the stickers on the front cover as 1st pic & the 2nd pic with a single sticker on the firewall, now the only oddity is the invoice shows a different code at the end of the no
on the truck 5158048AF to invoice ending in AE, anyone help ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've just bought a 2016 Ram EcoDiesel from my boss/mate, he had an engine let go last year some time, at about 42000 miles, had it replaced under warranty but in October at 43000 miles, it went pop too, I don't know the details but the ancillies were from the 1st engine & put onto the 2nd, which is why it bew,.... so he had to pay £16000 for a new Crate engine & fitting, and it's still got warranty until October 2020... it's now only done 43450 miles & I hope I've nothing to worry about. ... all I need to understand is the stickers on the front cover as 1st pic & the 2nd pic with a single sticker on the firewall, now the only oddity is the invoice shows a different code at the end of the no
on the truck 5158048AF to invoice ending in AE, anyone help ?

·
Registered
'18 Laramie CC 4x4, '03 Ram 3500 Laramie Sport QC 4x4 Cummins Smarty, built 47 series trans
20 Posts
You might consider posting your complaints at www.ripoffreport.com. You may find other complaints about the dealership or others may decide to add their complaints. They have links for lawyers & other avenues to help consumers. Many years ago I posted a complaint about an Anchorage dealer that did me dirty, within a month of my posting the dealer said they reviewed my complaint and decided to settled with me. The only thing they asked of me was to delete my complaint on the website. Dealers love social media even more today than years ago. What's the worst that can happen posting there?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts