RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie ECO 3:92 4X4 33gal tank
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a preference between these two ez drain oil valves. Or does anyone have a homemade idea on preventing a big oil mess with that cross member in the way? Pictures would be great thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've never used the FEMCO but I've Fumotos on my last 5 or 6 vehicles, both with the nipple (to connect a hose to drain through skid plates or plastic under trays) and without. I've never had an issue with any of them and will continue to buy them for my vehicles.

Dave

·
Registered
928 Posts
I've been using Fumato valves (with the nipple) for years, long before the FEMCO hit the market. I like Fumato because they are all brass and have never had a problem with them. I've never heard of a Femco problem either. Either valve would be a good choice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a picture of their FUMOTO. On my 2020 there is that cross member that goes right under the drain plug. I’m trying to decide if which one to get.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of their FUMOTO. On my 2020 there is that cross member that goes right under the drain plug. I’m trying to decide if which one to get.
only images I got of Fumoto , and no cross member in the way on my truck (2015 ).

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did the Fumoto F106S. Fit like a glove. I'm uploading a video to YouTube today showing the clearance at the crossmember with the short nipple version. It's going to be NICE to save the mess from now on.

Reactions: Gputah

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Hey Kaz,
The pic of your truck looks like an EZ oil drain valve, not a Fumato :ROFLMAO:
Ah crap , I was going by what the title of the image was in my file ...
OK , removed from post , and changed name of the image in my file ,,,
thanks John .
also did not notice this is 3rd generation section ..
who cares about -no cross member on 2015 in this section .....🥺

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WXman are you OFFRD on youtube?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have had many vehicles over the years with the Fumoto valves. I currently have 3. Always reliable, never an issue with any of them. I tried the EZ drain valve on one of my vehicles. When I was tightening the EZ valve, I never hit any resistance, the valve sheared off. Super cheap material and not worth the few $ savings.

Sorry, I know you were asking about the Fumoto vs Femco, not EZ Drain. But I thought I'd just throw my experience out there. I haven't tried the Femco brand.I'm happy with Fumoto.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WXman that’s awesome! I watched your video yesterday. Looks like the FUMOTO will be really handy for the next oil change. Are you going to be using the FUMOTO hose kit? They also offer a FUMOTO with a 90 degree spout that can rotate 360 degrees part # F316L. Do you think this would work better to get around that cross member. Or just order the $5 FUMOTO hose kit that comes with a plastic 90 degree elbow. Thanks for the videos keep them coming.

·
Registered
136 Posts
WXman that’s awesome! I watched your video yesterday. Looks like the FUMOTO will be really handy for the next oil change. Are you going to be using the FUMOTO hose kit? They also offer a FUMOTO with a 90 degree spout that can rotate 360 degrees part # F316L. Do you think this would work better to get around that cross member. Or just order the $5 FUMOTO hose kit that comes with a plastic 90 degree elbow. Thanks for the videos keep them coming.
I'm not a fan of moving parts if it's a situation where a solid part will do the job. Less opportunity for leaks or failures with the solid part. The F106S is perfect. Just enough nipple to use the hose kit with, and plenty of access above the crossmember. Heck, I probably have some heater hose laying around somewhere that I could use for oil changes. But to be honest, with the truck only slightly uphill I find that the oil doesn't really get all over the crossmember anyhow, so I may end up not using a hose at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good thank you for the help. FUMOTO it is then. Can’t wait to hear the results of your oil analysis.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts