RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEIJING, CHINA -- In a surprise deal announced today Chinese industrial consortium Yúnòng Xíngwéi Motor has purchased Ram from Fiat. China, the world's largest car market, has been trying to bolster their fledgling auto industry by buying established companies. They previously acquired Volvo from Ford and Peugeot-Citroen from the French, and they tried to buy Hummer and Saab but the deals fell through. Because Fiat was overextended financially and frustrated with U.S. regulations, the Chinese offer of USD $11 billion was too good to turn down.

In preparation for the switchover all Ram production for the 2014 MY has been halted. Current orders will be filled but as previously rumored the order bank has been closed. The Warren Truck Plant will remain the center for production under new leadership. Other Fiat and Chrysler products are unaffected by the deal.

The Chinese celebrate the Year of the Goat (aka Ram) in 2015. Starting with the 2015 MY the Ram brand will be rebadged as the Goat. Marketing of the new brand will change dramatically from the previous Ram Tough approach to that of the Chinese Goat which is looked at as wise, gentle, compassionate, cautious and economical.

Goat.jpg Beijing traffic.jpg
Compassionate Goat • Beijing China traffic

Because diesel motors are popular in China, the majority of Goat production will shift to oil burners. In order to meet Chinese demand a new diesel powerplant made in China, dubbed the Firecracker, will be introduced. It will be capable of running on 100% used cooking oil, preferably peanut and canola oils which are favored in stir-fry.

Given that Ram is an established brand in North America, automotive experts are uncertain how the Goat will be accepted in the domestic market. Chinese spokesman No Pah King tried to be reassuring when he noted, "People will see that the Goat is still a great truck, although a month later they will be hungry for a new model." Something may have been lost in the translation.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Why create panic with misinformation, everybody knows they bought the F-150 from Ford.

Here is the real 2015 model F-150 on display. It is made from scrap aluminum soda cans from the U.S.

·
Registered
231 Posts
April fools

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
April what?

Will say another thing. That was creative.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Way to go Bigfoot, that had me going from what the F - - K to laughing out loud!:eek:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was almost ready to freak out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts