RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
truck trailer 2.JPG
truck-trailer 1.JPG

Well, here are the best two pics I have at the moment. The trailer is a 26 foot ultra-lite Travel Air. Dry is 4200 lbs ; loaded it was about 7800 lbs.
I kind of expected the "negitive" response on this post, since that seems to be the norm when people think they "know it all". Sorry, I can just report the fuel purchased; the price; the miles at each stop and the overall result. Take it or leave it. I really don't care. It is what it is.

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
WOW! That trailer is a nice fit to the Ecodiesel. Disagree on the "negative" impression by myself and others questioning the fuel mileage. We wanted clarification probably because none of us can get close to the incredible fuel mileage you reported.

One thing I seem to remember about your report was a comment about speeds. Without going back to check it seems you have the ability to run 55-60 mph. No way could I do that unless on smaller rural roads. To run interstate and other major highways with traffic flow into the 80's would be way too uncomfortable. I run around 70 mph towing my toy hauler to at least try to not be a dangerous obstruction on the highway. Even at that speed my head often looks like I am watching a tennis match spotting the vehicles blowing by.

Because of repeated tire blow-outs I try to stay below 75 mph but often even fail at that for short periods. I salute your ability to control things and not try to run traffic speeds. Not possible for me to do that and not be buried in the rear view mirror hoping to avoid being rear-ended, watching the finger go by and hearing the profanity toward me on the CB.

You have a fine-running Ecodiesel pulling a neat trailer. Be proud.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Love to see you run 75-80 through the construction zones, as where I said I did that speed. Otherwise, mostly 65 to 70.

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
Oh. Thought I read you normally ran slower. Guess I am also reading wrong.

Because of tires on RV's I stay mostly around 70 mph if road conditions permit. Often read where people say 68 mph is as fast as trailer tires are rated. Never saw that on a tire but tend to believe it. Last blowout I had was just this Summer on the Interstate doing about 70 or so. Went to a tire shop after changing on the road. Bought four new ones. Told the guy there the old ones look new yet this seems to happen all the time. His response...

"Never saw a worn out tire on an RV".

·
Registered
446 Posts
View attachment 83046
Truck: Larmie Crew Cab 3.0 2015 with 3.55
weighed out at scales 13,458 lb.
15mpg

Note: If the attachment doesn't work, someone let me know how best to get it into the site. Thanks
amazing how terrain just wrecks your mileage.
I was 13,800 with my 2018, stock, couldn't clear 14 mpg, I only got a short stretch of I-90 before the adirondacks and that part of I-90 isn't kind to towing.

quad cab with 3.92, stock

some awesome fuel mileage you got, love it!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts