RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and joined the forum.

I've had my truck for 8 months or so but I finally decided to sign up. I work as an researcher in the transportation field, mainly cars and trucks but occasionally heavy equipment. If you see articles with scare tactics about hackers taking control of your vehicle, then you see some of what I do. I am looking forward to participating how ever I can(probably not much).

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of info here as you've probably already discovered.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Welcome from another " Transportation " person.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. The "Hack My Ride" piece wasn't ours, we don't publicize our findings. To be honest, I find it a bit irresponsible on a number of fronts. Teaching people just enough to be dangerous is never a good idea. Fooling around with the networks when you don't know what you are doing can have serious consequences. <off soapbox now>
We are mainly contracted to show OEM's their network vulnerabilities from an aftermarket POV and to demonstrate scenarios that can happen when people starting playing "hacker". We play both sides of the fence too, occasionally we do consulting work for the aftermarket to help safely develop things that interface with vehicle networks. I haven't done much with my Ram, aside from a few minor things here and there. After working with that stuff all day, I don't feel like digging into my personal vehicle too much. Ram did a good job with the truck so there wasn't much I wanted to tweak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts