RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning ya’ll long time lurker on this site. Got myself a 2020 eco with about 72000 now.
Few weeks ago i lost turbo boost on a grade and this code popped up, never came back and then suddenly it comes back on and off for the first few days.
Truck still runs fine and goes through regular regen cycles (able to monitor with scan gauge 2)
Im thinking because emissions diesels these days that one of the two egr valves has probably just been clogged of soot. Problem now is finding which one of the two. Anyone encounter this yet? Thanks.
Font Gadget Technology Electric blue Mobile device
ecodiesel

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome (y) not much help on your particular code, I would start out trying to clean the diffuser tube and the MAF sensor??? if it was mine:unsure: simple and cheap start

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ill probably go for the diffuser tube next, cleaned the map sensor and it was dirty but wasnt terrible i cleared the code and lets see if it comes back, my guess everything egr related just needs some love.

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,654 Posts
Welcome the forum.

Egr's need eliminated, not love. Unfortunately the EPA and our engineering community have no current solution to that mess. Good luck finding and fixing your problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sensor B should be rear, post dpf. The odds of that clogging up seem small, but they are semi serviceable from what I've seen. The dealer will cover you if the wait doesn't bother you. I've also seen at least one person pop it, spray lube it, and put it back on. Pretty simple mechanism in there from what I saw.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
@Reddiesel, why not take it to your dealer for a free diagnosis? Your engine is still under warranty. It's best to let them handle it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts