RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
well no one seemed to mind breaking the law including the so called establishments and sophisticated individuals until they got called out. That always seems to be the way it goes everyone is all in until they get in trouble and start talking straight like they never did anything wrong. There was no difference in the epa’s standard back then as there is now. It was always illegal oh wait sorry if it was off road purposes only then magically you where compliant. Please.
Actually thats incorrect they used the rpm act back then but the epa announced they no longer acknowledge it. That forced a lot of companies to change there business model. There is no loop hole to get around offroad use products now they can not be sold for any vehicle that has a vin since you can no longer turn a production vehicle into a race vehicle legally.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Actually thats incorrect they used the rpm act back then but the epa announced they no longer acknowledge it. That forced a lot of companies to change there business model. There is no loop hole to get around offroad use products now they can not be sold for any vehicle that has a vin since you can no longer turn a production vehicle into a race vehicle legally.
2015 when the EPA took the position that converted vehicles must remain emissions-compliant, even though they are no longer driven on public streets or highways. So back in 2015 when every company was selling full deletes for off road purposes???? They where still
Illegal. That’s straight from the rpm act which I am very familiar with

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
2015 when the EPA took the position that converted vehicles must remain emissions-compliant, even though they are no longer driven on public streets or highways. So back in 2015 when every company was selling full deletes for off road purposes???? They where still
Illegal. That’s straight from the rpm act which I am very familiar with
2015 the rpm act was still in effect they stopped allowing it in 2019

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
And yes you are correct on that there are no loop holes to get around it, so why even speed that money to tune a vehicle which will maintain its compliance??? Just stay factory and enjoy life with the money your saving.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
But everyone that bought the delete kits acknowledge that it was for off road purposes only and still tuned and deletes and drove there trucks around like it was all gravy. Everyone. Can’t blame the company’s they just covered there rear end by stating off road only. But they knew, they didn’t mind making a profit. I mean if every vehicle that was tuned for off road would actually be off road the streets would be empty.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I’m not trying to be an ass. I know you guys are under pressure, just saying I think you guys should still give service to the individuals that have gen 2s I mean everyone was left high and dry. You guys use to give amazing customer service so much so I was a customer. And in my opinion making a tune that is compliant and keeping the oil clean is far fetch as long as that egr is dumping into the motor you will be fighting an uphill battle, unless you are trying to minimize the EGRs function then maybe the oil with stay cleaner a bit longer. I hope you guys figure it out soon for everyone on here!
Try larder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was just trying to show the similarities between the 2gen and 3gen deletes and how it’s attainable but guess gde didn’t like that and that’s when everything turned political
Thank mother EPA. GDE was and is still the best solution. Anyone who tuned new full well what could potentially happen and it did.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Your curiosity and skills would be welcomed a years ago but things are much different today. The public isn't fond of anything rolling coal and diesel lovers dislike anyone giving giving diesel a bad name.

And of course few if any established US tune companies today would risk their business helping someone break the law. And it might be even crazier to assume any sophisticated person would respond to an email (think forensics) with instructions on how to break the law.
A properly tuned diesel will be efficient and clean burning, and therefore will not roll coal. There are thousands of tuned trucks out there that are deleted that don't roll coal. Coal/soot is unburnt fuel and a lot of the cheap tuners dump fuel in to reduce EGTs and therefore end up with a lot of coal.

This is the misunderstanding that much of the population has of diesels because of these cheap tunes.

·
Administrator
10,006 Posts
well no one seemed to mind breaking the law including the so called establishments and sophisticated individuals until they got called out. That always seems to be the way it goes everyone is all in until they get in trouble and start talking straight like they never did anything wrong. There was no difference in the epa’s standard back then as there is now. It was always illegal oh wait sorry if it was off road purposes only then magically you where compliant. Please.
Most all tunes were sold for off-road use only. Shame on truck owners who complain when the sh*t hits the fan. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Is this thread worth reading. Sounds like ego and macho

I didn't want to be the guy who said that. But since you opened the lid....

99% of people don't have the ability to tune their own trucks. Probably 99.8% actually. So this thread really had no purpose from the very beginning.

If you want to do something helpful, SHOW US how to do it and what items we'll need to gather and how the process will go. Otherwise I guess I just don't see the point of this thread at all. I'm not knocking anybody. So don't think that's my intention. I just don't see what the purpose here is....

Reactions: Havanajoe

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
Am I the only one that wants one of these garage tunes? I mean if you haven't drank toilet-bowl hooch, are you really living? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

EcoNoob, it's easy to be critical of GDE for not supporting pre-ban tuning, but the old saying is unless you've walked a mile in their shoes......

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500
9 Posts
Good work on the self tune, subscribing, I want to hear more on how you did it.

Reactions: EcoNoob

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thank mother EPA. GDE was and is still the best solution. Anyone who tuned new full well what could potentially happen and it did.

Don’t argue GD
I didn't want to be the guy who said that. But since you opened the lid....

99% of people don't have the ability to tune their own trucks. Probably 99.8% actually. So this thread really had no purpose from the very beginning.

If you want to do something helpful, SHOW US how to do it and what items we'll need to gather and how the process will go. Otherwise I guess I just don't see the point of this thread at all. I'm not knocking anybody. So don't think that's my intention. I just don't see what the purpose here is....
well that was the point here if you notice I started posting photos of the 3rd gen cooler and I would more than gladly show and inform individuals how to tune there vehicle if they are up to it. But I didn’t get the chance with the gde band wagon

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
EcoNoob, it's easy to be critical of GDE for not supporting pre-ban tuning, but the old saying is unless you've walked a mile in their shoes......
[/QUOTE]
I don’t and will never walk in anyone’s shoes nor follow anyone’s lead. That’s for the sheep. Guess that’s y I defended the flag so people have a right to be. But I guess there are more than a few in this world. The point of the thread is and was to help those who want to mod there trucks but I guess that’s why people that accomplish things in life don’t share how, they will be meet with naysayers that can’t accomplish what others have. So I will take the hint and no longer post on this forum.

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
I don’t and will never walk in anyone’s shoes nor follow anyone’s lead. That’s for the sheep. Guess that’s y I defended the flag so people have a right to be. But I guess there are more than a few in this world. The point of the thread is and was to help those who want to mod there trucks but I guess that’s why people that accomplish things in life don’t share how, they will be meet with naysayers that can’t accomplish what others have. So I will take the hint and no longer post on this forum.
[/QUOTE]
If you feel like this was a personal attack I apologize it was not intended that way. But you didn't direct the post towards diy more towards slamming companies for not doing what you think they should. Ive grilled gde hard in the past as well im definitely not some fan boy. Either way im done here so best of luck going forward I am interested in what the 3rd gens can do even though I have no interest in owning one.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts