RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I don’t and will never walk in anyone’s shoes nor follow anyone’s lead. That’s for the sheep. Guess that’s y I defended the flag so people have a right to be. But I guess there are more than a few in this world. The point of the thread is and was to help those who want to mod there trucks but I guess that’s why people that accomplish things in life don’t share how, they will be meet with naysayers that can’t accomplish what others have. So I will take the hint and no longer post on this forum.
If you feel like this was a personal attack I apologize it was not intended that way. But you didn't direct the post towards diy more towards slamming companies for not doing what you think they should. Ive grilled gde hard in the past as well im definitely not some fan boy. Either way im done here so best of luck going forward I am interested in what the 3rd gens can do even though I have no interest in owning one.
[/QUOTE]
No your good, your right I’m just not going to acknowledge anything else that has nothing to do with the trucks and it should have never turned into a pissing match. Keep posted you will see all that I have planned for this truck in the near future.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
There have been thousands and thousands of solidly tuned trucks done by people who learned tuning themselves. The only community I am aware of that thinks tuning is some mythical, magical thing is the ecodiesel community and its because GDE has put that out there like that. Because anything to the contrary isn't good business for them.
Its a diesel engine, and GDE didn't do anything special when tuning it above what any other tuner is capable of. Anyone can do it if they try and there are hundreds if not thousands of extremely talented tuners that can tune an ecodiesel to the specs GDE has. There simply hasn't been the demand. Most people who buy an ecodiesel don't even think of tuning...

People need to understand that this engine isn't as unique as its be portrayed to be.... I guarantee any solid tuner who has worked on the Ford 6.0 could tune an ecodiesel using his knowledge and experience tuning that engine without any input from this forum or any other.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
There have been thousands and thousands of solidly tuned trucks done by people who learned tuning themselves. The only community I am aware of that thinks tuning is some mythical, magical thing is the ecodiesel community and its because GDE has put that out there like that. Because anything to the contrary isn't good business for them.
Its a diesel engine, and GDE didn't do anything special when tuning it above what any other tuner is capable of. Anyone can do it if they try and there are hundreds if not thousands of extremely talented tuners that can tune an ecodiesel to the specs GDE has. There simply hasn't been the demand. Most people who buy an ecodiesel don't even think of tuning...

People need to understand that this engine isn't as unique as its be portrayed to be.... I guarantee any solid tuner who has worked on the Ford 6.0 could tune an ecodiesel using his knowledge and experience tuning that engine without any input from this forum or any other.
Agreed which I have tunes for the 6.0 and 6.7 as well lol just don’t drive one anymore. Question for you how do you like your fab tech lift I’m between that an a bds lift

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Agreed which I have tunes for the 6.0 and 6.7 as well lol just don’t drive one anymore. Question for you how do you like your fab tech lift I’m between that an a bds lift
I like the lift, but 3 out of the 4 shocks have gone out and I'm replacing just the shocks (keeping everything else from fabtech) with the TC Vertex coilovers. Best out there for the money, lots of great reviews. BDS is pretty awesome and you can't go wrong. If the shocks wouldn't have gone out I would fully recommend fabtech.

Reactions: EcoNoob

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
EcoNoob .... Gotta have thick skin to deal/ post on the internet ... Mostly mob mentality with a lack mechanical knowledge..

Please stick around, Enjoying your work and testing.. Curious where you able to access tuning through security on OBD port ? Or did you remove ECU and remove the cover?

Good Luck 🍀
I removed the ecu didn’t have have luck via obd port

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I like the lift, but 3 out of the 4 shocks have gone out and I'm replacing just the shocks (keeping everything else from fabtech) with the TC Vertex coilovers. Best out there for the money, lots of great reviews. BDS is pretty awesome and you can't go wrong. If the shocks wouldn't have gone out I would fully recommend fabtech.
Thanks I was thinking bds with fox shocks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey so how about your mpg ,did that improve by like 20% or around?I had a previous gen ram diesel and sold it and looking into buying the new one(gen 3)and would like to do a full delete right away.where I reside there is no emissions testing so anything goes.Kudos to you for what you achieved and keep exploring that way life it's never boring.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hey so how about your mpg ,did that improve by like 20% or around?I had a previous gen ram diesel and sold it and looking into buying the new one(gen 3)and would like to do a full delete right away.where I reside there is no emissions testing so anything goes.Kudos to you for what you achieved and keep exploring that way life it's never boring.
Hey how are you bud, yes I gained 3-5 mpg and go for it these new trucks are awesome. I also live in a non emissions state

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey how are you bud, yes I gained 3-5 mpg and go for it these new trucks are awesome. I also live in a non emissions state
If it is ok with you once I get my hands on one ,I will bug you for some advice on how to approach the process, I am mechanical inclined I have rebuild a few engines and transmissions but mechanic is not what I make a living from.I hope the new ecodiesels are built with better parts and will have a better reputation but time will tell.Did you experience other issues with your truck or is it pretty trouble free?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
If it is ok with you once I get my hands on one ,I will bug you for some advice on how to approach the process, I am mechanical inclined I have rebuild a few engines and transmissions but mechanic is not what I make a living from.I hope the new ecodiesels are built with better parts and will have a better reputation but time will tell.Did you experience other issues with your truck or is it pretty trouble free?
Aside from the problems I had with all the emissions equipment it has been trouble
Free and a great truck. Of course once
You get yours ask away I would be more than happy with anything I can help
You with that why we are all here to potentially help each other

·
Registered
8 Posts
What software did
No I did not use HP tuner nor am I a test vehicle. I have accomplished my tune by writing to the ecu. Via software on my laptop. I was also the first to remove the defuser pipe on a gen 3 and roll around like that. I have 23k mile 18k which have been tuned.
you use. And, how do you know what parameters to modify?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Aside from the problems I had with all the emissions equipment it has been trouble
Free and a great truck. Of course once
You get yours ask away I would be more than happy with anything I can help
You with that why we are all here to potentially help each other
I’m always amazed with people like you and others on this board. (they have saved me a few times!)
about the only thing I know is where the on button is, on my computer .

writing code is a foreign language to me(pun intended).
Then understanding the all the parameters of a diesel=wow.
Then having the Brass ones to hit the install button is more impressive.
Thanks for paving the way!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
What software did

you use. And, how do you know what parameters to modify?
Now my friend you are asking the right question. Let’s just say I use a very similar software to what the dealer uses. But if you ever get to the point where you are ready and capable of reading your ecu you can send me your file and I’ll modify it for you and email back on the house.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'd be interested in learning what software, cables etc. you are using and how you figured out what to change where in what has to be a zillion lines of code????

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500
9 Posts
I'd be interested in learning what software, cables etc. you are using and how you figured out what to change where in what has to be a zillion lines of code????
Same here, I like to eventually like to try it myself once my warranty is up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
id warn you there is always a possibility you could brick your ecu. that being said you could always send me your file and i can modify it for you and send it back. (y)

41 - 60 of 63 Posts