RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well fellas I can now say I have the only 2020 eco fully deleted and tuned. Just removed the primary cooler and obviously straight piped the truck, still working on how to get the secondary out but hey got time for that as I allow all the others to catch up. Funny thing is i have accomplished everything in my garage. Don’t know why these company’s swear it to be so difficult.

Hi I just started doing research on delete kits for 2020 Ecodiesels and really haven't found anything until coming across you on a google search. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind talking to me about that? I'm really not a mechanic but after what I've learned just by doing a little research tonight I'm pretty upset that I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Learning about the EGR system and how it dumps soot into my cylinders I'm thoroughly sickened by the whole damn thing. Anyways I'm just learning what I can and really only started tonight. So far I'm seeing that I need to Delete my EGR, DPF, SCR and tune my ECU.

I feel like going out and ripping my truck apart right now just cannot believe how much we get shafted by everything.

Anyway I'm looking for a solution and your the first person out on the web who's had anything positive to add to this whole thing. Seems like all the stuff out there stopped at 2019 and anything produced beyond that we're on our own.

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,470 Posts
Hi I just started doing research on delete kits for 2020 Ecodiesels and really haven't found anything until coming across you on a google search. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind talking to me about that? I'm really not a mechanic but after what I've learned just by doing a little research tonight I'm pretty upset that I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Learning about the EGR system and how it dumps soot into my cylinders I'm thoroughly sickened by the whole damn thing. Anyways I'm just learning what I can and really only started tonight. So far I'm seeing that I need to Delete my EGR, DPF, SCR and tune my ECU.
Welcome to the forum - first post.

Back about when this thread started the EPA did a major crackdown on tuners and deletes. Most all of those marketing delete equipment were either fined out of business or chose to get out before being caught and fined. In response near all, maybe all forums started to either ban or discourage discussion on deleting diesel vehicles. That's why you are not reading near anything about deletes today.

I have no clue to offer you a way to currently find the ECU and other equipment to do a delete on a 2020 Ecodiesel or newer. Even the Canadian products seem to have been taken off the market or now are hidden from public promotion. Surely there must be some way and your request to individuals is probably a good way to get that information. Try some PM's on the forum to them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum - first post.

Back about when this thread started the EPA did a major crackdown on tuners and deletes. Most all of those marketing delete equipment were either fined out of business or chose to get out before being caught and fined. In response near all, maybe all forums started to either ban or discourage discussion on deleting diesel vehicles. That's why you are not reading near anything about deletes today.

I have no clue to offer you a way to currently find the ECU and other equipment to do a delete on a 2020 Ecodiesel or newer. Even the Canadian products seem to have been taken off the market or now are hidden from public promotion. Surely there must be some way and your request to individuals is probably a good way to get that information. Try some PM's on the forum to them.
Thank you for the info! This really sucks because it's so detrimental to the engine.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts