RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Just received my Blackstone analysis report and it appears to look good. Here it is for you to look at. Since this is my first analysis I would appreciate any comments or insight that can be provided.
View attachment 82972
CanyonMan
Please let us know how you took your sample.

I continue to be flabbergasted by how different the results are for this engine and cannot find a good explanation for why they are so different.

Also note we have a thread for all of our oil analysis results it is the first thread under the diesel maintenance category. here it is

https://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-maintenance/5817-oil-analysis-lab-test-results.html

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
That is good.

When I did mine there was over 91,000 on the truck. Got back about the same thing along with the comment to go 12,000 miles instead of 10,000. You are fine. It's surprisingly good if tuned by GDE. Unreal good to spectacular if not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The truck was visited by the GDE Fairy at about 14K miles. I use Rotella T6 and have the Fumoto valve which makes changing oil and getting a sample very easy if I jack the truck up about 6" so as to get the 3 gallon water jug that catches the old oil underneath. I am assuming that some of the elements, boron, calcium, phosphorus and zinc may be additives that are in the oil. This has been a great truck so far.
CanyonMan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts