RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ecodiesel limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my first diesel truck last week (2014 ED limited) and I absolutely LOVE this thing. Now I purchased it with about 144k on the clock and looks like the P/O had used the hell out of it. Now when I purchased the truck no lights or anything were on and about 4 days and less than 1000 miles I get the CEL with code P2002 DPF bank 1 below efficiency. Anything I can do to remedy this other than spend 1300$ for a new one? And anything else to look out for that would be coming up with the current miles would be some awesome insight, Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,730 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ecodiesel limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That could be from a bad particulate matter sensor as well its mounted after the scr by the down stream nox sensor. First thing is check if the aem recall has been done and if so is the warranty still active.
No active warranty. Looks like the recall was taken care of by p/o. Ran the vin and it’s showing no active recall for this truck.

Going to pull the sensor tomorrow and have a look. Also see if I can’t snap some pics of it to post it up.

·
Registered
2014 ecodiesel limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! This is gold man. Thanks! So much useful info

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If it's not the sensor, you might try dosing a tank with "Hot Shot Extreme". If it turns out that the DPF/SCR is fubared, you could post up here that you need one. Quite a few members have deleted and might be willing to part with their old one.

·
Registered
2014 ecodiesel limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys so I’ve done a bit of research on the forums. Took everything I read with a grain of salt, just going to bite the bullet early and order a tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts