RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove an ED yesterday. The dealer offered me MSRP and nothing else other than Manufactures rebates. They would not budge on the price as they were " the only ones that had one" and I would be waiting "5-6 months on a factory order". $47000 for an SLT was a bit much in my opinion. I told them I had other offers from other dealers which were far below their asking price and they said that they " are lying to me". Needless to say, I walked away.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Canada or us?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I paid around 10,000 under MSRP and only waited 6.5 weeks

·
Registered
33 Posts
With little to no negotiation we got factory wholesale price and all rebates, but it was on a custom ordered truck so the supply and demand wasn't a huge factor. FWP was on average 8% off MSRP. There's still dealer profit and sales commission in the Factory Hold Back, which I think was $1500 on my truck. There's other profit from sales goals met too. So, there's always room for negotiation. Truecar.com gets close to the FWP.

My source includes info from a dealer, so this may not all be fact.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You shouldn’t have to pay near MSRP, you are in control of the negotiations, tell the dealerships you are willing to wait the 5-6 months.

So what did you think of the truck and test drive?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a very nice truck. Very smooth driving and OK power. Little delays in shifts. It wasn't gutless but it wasn't a Hemi either. Some where in between. Very quiet running rig. It drives more like an SUV than a truck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah I told him we weren't even in the same ballpark in price and I also told him I already had a truck on order. I thought it was "D" status and after checking into it he told me it was "D1" status, even better. Probably wont be a 5-6 months wait.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi rcharlie wondering if you are from the west coast and talking to the same lying "sales professionals" as I am. I heard it all.

2014 no longer available
6-8 months waiting
no rebates
try to sell for MSRP as there are no discounts available
we have the only one in BC (after driving one a week before)
the ED will not arrive in Canada till 2015 (from a dealer 3 weeks ago....)
air suspension is no longer available
all air suspension trucks are in hold due to problems
only white and black limited trucks have their bumpers painted

and the best till now, "the ED comes standard with a 3.21 axle and 3.55 is not available" and arguing with me as I a told him to get his sh.t together and actually read up on it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
If you are in ontario i can hook you up wirh a solid dealer no bullshit i paid 57 out the door all in for my limited.....in the mean time go back to that cocksucker of a slimly douche bag sales man and smash him in the dick with a 9 iron..... what a prick....u just gotta find a good dealer...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
And the tranny gets better once it learns how you drive and the wait wont be a big deal 5 to 6 weeks tops if u are in ontario now....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi rcharlie wondering if you are from the west coast and talking to the same lying "sales professionals" as I am. I heard it all.

2014 no longer available
6-8 months waiting
no rebates
try to sell for MSRP as there are no discounts available
we have the only one in BC (after driving one a week before)
the ED will not arrive in Canada till 2015 (from a dealer 3 weeks ago....)
air suspension is no longer available
all air suspension trucks are in hold due to problems
only white and black limited trucks have their bumpers painted

and the best till now, "the ED comes standard with a 3.21 axle and 3.55 is not available" and arguing with me as I a told him to get his sh.t together and actually read up on it.
Yeah I have heard a lot of stories. I was convinced NOT to buy one with" air suspension" because they implied there is something wrong with them. I am thinking now its because they cant get them. Yes I am in BC in the lower mainland. Lots of dealerships around here so I can basically laugh at him and move on. Sure glad I read what guys are paying on this forum to realize this guys asking price is a bit unrealistic. Thank you fellas for that info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Am I the only one who feels violence towards these cockbags who are trying to take advantage of us buyers?? **** them... lowest forms of life they are
Yeah I hear you Chris, my friend gave me advice and told me to go in there with the thought that everything they say(salesman) is a lie and go from there. I trust the guys on this forum 100% compared to 0% from the salesman. Although the guy I ordered my truck from was reasonable and I will just have to see if he renegs on the deal once the truck gets here, which I heard has already happened already. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ya I agree... get absolutely everything in writing and don't believe a work they say! lol I heard so much bullshit when I was shopping.... one dealer told me in the first week of march that if I ordered now I could only get a 2015 and I would get it in the fall.... what a loser I took a picture of my truck the day after I picked it up and emailed it to him with the caption... go **** yourself you lieing prick...

Reactions: bigtruck

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had no issues with getting good price quotes from the Canadian dealers I went to however none of them could get my config (maybe that was part of the ploy all along), they did tout long delivery times, and they all wanted to push me into a gasser and then an inventory truck. Maybe it was a real slow winter and they needed some quick commissions? Extremely frustrating experience, enough that when the competition ramps up I will most definitely look elsewhere with fingers crossed that someone else can build a decent light diesel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Been driving mine for a week and a half! :) Western brown pearl SLT with towing pkg etc. great experience from a west Calgary dealer. Good price, no nonsense. Don't accept any less!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I got one on order for $4500 below MSRP. Its in D1 status with a build date in less than 2 weeks. I am lucky there is about 8 or 9 dealers within an hours drive of which I can choose from. I can wait. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts