RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my first ever Diesel truck and my first ever Dodge/Chrysler product. I have always been a Chevy guy by my Silverado 2500HD is killing me on gas (12MPG HIGHWAY!) and to make matters worse I have to run premium gas or it knocks like crazy. I am really looking forward to my EcoDiesel. I ordered it this morning at Allen Samuels Dodge here in Houston, TX and they quoted me 4-6 weeks for delivery. I got a Laramie 4x4 with RamBox, uConnect w/ Nav, trailer brake control, leather with heated/ventilated seats, and Maximum Steel paint w/ two-tone trim. I look forward to learning from some more experienced diesel owners here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like a great build Curt! I have been waiting since early April for mine and it should be in my garage within 2 weeks. Welcome to the Ram 1500 diesel forum.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds Great! We've been waiting for ours less than 3 weeks so still have a long wait. Kind of like waiting for Christmas as a kid!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Former Silverado owner here now on my 3rd Ram pickup. You are going to love it, guaranteed. The mileage is just an extra bonus, okay a BIG bonus.

·
Registered
369 Posts
4-6 weeks is a joke.........I ordered mine April 18.......not here yet...and no where in site!! get ready for a long ride!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome to the group from a fellow Houstonian. I live in Missouri City and have had my ED since mid April. I really like it. You will be amazed at the mileage. I have never even owned a truck but am impressed with the ride quality.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It shouldn't be too terrible. I ordered my new diesel at the start of May and the dealership told me today that it is built and just waiting delivery from the factory. Hopefully here in another two weeks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
There are dealerships that now have ED's on their lots. I would be driving one now if I had done more research before ordering!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I received my ED a week ago and love it. I took my first road trip went 800 miles round trip and ended it with 25 MPG. I was pushing a good head wind on the way up and the fuel economy showed 22 MPG. I am very pleased with the ride and the MPG's and the overall performance of the truck. Welcome to RAM and I know you will love the truck.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Must be a bunch of Allen Samuels Dodge dealers. Only time I broke down with my Cummins was near Tyler, Texas. Had the trucked towed to that dealer there for a new fuel pump. Trailer towed with another truck to a campground. Motorcycle inside was our transportation for three days while they fixed it.

Allen Samuels was good.

·
Registered
2014 Lonestar EcoDiesel 4X4
1,883 Posts
Hi from Central Texas! I just ordered my first RAM today too. I couldn't find what I wanted on the lot, so I ordered. Hopefully I won't have the problems that some have had.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts