RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just released today as Rapid Response Transmittal 14-043.

2013-2014 Ram 1500 built before 5-10-14 and equipped with Air Suspension sales code SER

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A customer may notice a false message “Battery Voltage Low - Start Engine to Change
Ride Height” which appears in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) when
unlocking or locking the doors. A battery drain may happen when using the key fob to stop
the vehicle from lowering. The ASCM does not go to sleep and the CAN-C bus stays
awake.

Only takes the usual few minutes to perform.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I get that message all the time

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yup I get this message all the time. I just figured it was part of the start up process warning you that your battery may get low due to the accessories on. See what happens when you don't read carefully. I completely missed this!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Anyone else find that if you have your truck on a higher setting (ord1 or ord2) and you lower it back to normal through driving the truck will sometimes go all the way back up out of nowhere? It's happened twice to me noww last night we were out, came home shut the truck off and unloaded it then came back out to lock it and heard the pump kick on and watched the truck go up too ord2 for no reason

·
Registered
134 Posts
I get the message all of the time. The suspension has a mid of its own. Randomly moves when off. Spooky walking by it and the pump comes on.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This sounds like it will address my endless check engine light symptom. I notice my check engine light comes on mostly upon starting the car up. This will be the third recall for my truck in two months. Im tired of going to the dealership and wasting my day.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Betchya that's one of the reasons my truck was held in QA for so long. My build date was May 7/8...either way, flashed at the factory, or flashed at the dealership pre-delivery, sounds like they at least have connected the dots and have a fix for a bothersome situation.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
@chris - ok you posted what just happened to me today. i had no idea what the hell was going on - i had my back to truck and could hear 'something' i turned around and there it was raising up. i hadn't been driving, truck wasn't on, keys were not in my pocket. i just figured it knew what it was doing better than i knew what it should be doing and just continued doing whatever it was i was doing! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It hasn't done that since I got the air suspension flash done...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
ok so its been two days now...and there is definitely something going on that i don't understand, maybe this is normal...

there is a clicking type noise coming from the rear end, right from where the air boot things are. you can hear something "engaging" i don't know how else to explain it. the truck is not on. i don't have the keys anywhere near me or the truck. it is not in my head, was out detailing this morning and my wife asked "what is your truck doing". i can hear it without fail every time i get near the rear wheels. i checked, several times, that my keys where not in my pocket, not in the truck.

the truck height isn't moving at all, but there is absolutely something happening. does anyone know what the heck i'm talking about??

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think its the air suspension pump activating. I have heard the same thing as well. It is a totally random thing. The first few times in my garage I couldnt identify the noise and they my neighbors said "Hey I think thats your truck." Sure as heck it was coming from under the bed where the air suspension pump is situated. I havent done the recall yet, but I would like to put an end to the Frankenstein noise and endless check engine lights.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'v never had any cel in conjunction with thhe suspension moving, only cel I had was when my pump let go...the update for air worked great! it seems to change a bit faster too, could just be in my mind though

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
when i parked yesterday and turned off truck i got a service "check/service emergency brake" and "check/service air suspension" on the EVIC. has not repeated. i should be able to maybe see those in the 'stored messages' now that my brain is slowly waking up... hmm...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Had my truck in for the P15 - Reprogram Radio Frequency Hub Module Recall and they also did the Air Suspension Control (ASCM) Reprogram too. This one didn't even show up on the Mopar Owners Connection site for my vehicle. Service Advisor indicated that the suspension system does not shut off (prior to update?) and would raise/lower without prompting from weight or other activity.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Seems like this could be a serious issue if you park in an underground parking garage or anywhere with a low ceiling.

Chris, when you say your pump let go which pump are you referring to?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Injector pump

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had three updates on the truck performed Saturday 6/28.
P15 reprogram radio frequency hub module
rrt 14 043 air suspension update
rrt 14 037 diagnostic/ system improvements flash, reflashed pcm.

Not sure if anyone has had the rrt 14 037 done or not but it made a difference in the truck. I can tell a difference in the acceleration from a dead stand still, it's like the throttle is more responsive and the truck is quicker.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts