RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to create a build thread incase anyone is looking for ideas or interested, even though it’s very simple for right now. Also wanted to be able to look back at the entire process - my camera roll on my phone is the furthest thing away from organized.

So.. I started out with a 2.5” leveling kit with 33x12.50 General Grabber ATs on the factory 20” wheels. I also took the toolbox from my previous truck and threw it on this one.

Though I was happy with it, I realized I should’ve gotten 35s. I bought a set of 35x12.50 BFG KO2 today and threw them on the factory 20” wheels as well.

I decided against the spacers because I wanted them on today and couldn’t get spacers in time (that’s the impatient kid in me when it comes to my truck). I have no rubbing whatsoever and will not be getting spacers.

Reactions: KRom and Bocephus

·
Registered
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured a chrome, instead of black, toolbox would look better considering this new truck of mine has more chrome than my previous Bighorn. Went on down to Lowe’s and picked up the high profile Craftsman toolbox. (No pics yet).

Next up is upgraded UCAs, stage 1 tune, spray in bed liner, and window tint.

Reactions: KRom

·
Super Moderator
3,289 Posts
Congrats and nice looking truck Flippo. Thoughts or heads up for readers. All Terrain tires help a lot off road but will cost 1 or 2 mpg. Leveling kits look great when not towing but you may want to leave a little of the rake. Mfgrs put the rake in there for both aerodynamics for mileage and weight distribution ie handling and braking control especially for towing. A completely level truck will lose some highway mileage and noticeable control with a heavy trailer more noticeable when not using a WDH. I'm not against either mod only saying be aware of both pros & cons. Whats next Flippo a tune? If so don't forget the turbo brake if you think you may ever use her to tow.

Reactions: Flippo and KRom

·
Registered
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts