RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am receiving my new company work truck and it has the carpet delete option. My question is has anyone found a decent floor mat that won't just slide around?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Aren't the point of floor mats to protect the factory installed carpet underneath? So if you don't have carpet, what's the point of having floor mats?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This being my work truck it sees a lot of mud, and I don't want to wear through the rubber floor. I'll figure something out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do they still have the floor mat hooks with the carpet delete? I have Weathertech liners in my truck and they are held in place by the hooks. If hooks were present, I would think those in conjunction with the friction between the rubber floor and liner would hold them in place.

The exact fit of the digital liners would also help with them not moving around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they still have the floor mat hooks with the carpet delete? I have Weathertech liners in my truck and they are held in place by the hooks. If hooks were present, I would think those in conjunction with the friction between the rubber floor and liner would hold them in place.

The exact fit of the digital liners would also help with them not moving around.
No hooks, other wise your right,

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
Digression. The carpet delete would be nicer if there's wasn't a small lip at the door edge. I had two without carpet that you could actually put a hose in and wash out the mud. They were both GM trucks. Can't do that today.

How about a rug floor mat? Instead of a mat over the rug, put a rug over the mat. That might soak up the wet instead of puddling up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Digression. The carpet delete would be nicer if there's wasn't a small lip at the door edge. I had two without carpet that you could actually put a hose in and wash out the mud. They were both GM trucks. Can't do that today.

How about a rug floor mat? Instead of a mat over the rug, put a rug over the mat. That might soak up the wet instead of puddling up.
Thought about that, but it would still slid around. I think ill just have to find a way to fasten down a pair of weather techs or something.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Velcro...:)
Tried that. Even with large amounts of the heavy-duty stuff, as soon as it gets warm out (especially here in the desert), the glue lets go.

That, and the glue on the velcro is a ring-tailed [female dog] to get off the rubberized floor material after it has let go.

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
Second the glue issue. I have that stuff all over my dash from using velcro to hold radar detectors and other stupid electronic junk I "need".

There are non-slip pads for pots you might be able to just throw on the floor. Then put the rug mat on top. I have some on the dash of my boat that hold cell phones and junk people lay there. They work.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Has anyone found a decent mat that works?

Just purchased a Tradesman Crew that had the carpet delete option; yes, the dealer ordered it with Chrome and Popular Eq Group and then checked the carpet delete option. I actually like the vinyl floor, but I was in a bad motorcycle accident back in May and am unable to bend over for any amount of time and clean a floor right now. It would be much easier to pick up the mats and wash them off.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
same old Red Green solution =====>duct tape , rolled over itself , with glue side on outside ,in 1 foot long loops , the wider the better
that will stick to most anything , not expensive
put in strategic spots , then mat over it .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was hoping I can save so what I did was I bought an anti-slip thing and attached that...it did not really help :(((. Would try buying plastic mat..the one that is hard hoping that would not slip.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You might look at Lloyd’s Mats. They do a lot of customizing for my slingshots. They use stainless steel snaps like a boat carpet uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
What I ended up doing was I purchased 4 cheap black Wal-Mart towels, and folded them. They are thin enough when they wad up not to interfere with the pedals. They capture most of the loose grass, light mud, gravel, etc.. and can be easily shaken off. Originally, I purchased them as a stop gap until I found some good mats that worked, but they are doing just fine especially for the $10 I spent on them. Might be a little "hillbilly", but they work.

·
Registered
366 Posts
This thread reminds me of a guy I knew 30+ years ago in the Navy. He wanted to buy a new truck with his Ensign paycheck and wanted it without floor mats or carpets so he could hose it out like he did back on the farm. Always got a chuckle out of him, rest his soul.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts