RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your recommendations on floor mats? Past and personal experiences? I'm looking for a durable good fitting all weather mat for my crew cab.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have the factory carpet, and rubber mats for my 2010. The carpet mats have never been in, and the rubber mats work well.

There was a thread on another board, and the 2014 is just a little different, and some of the deep, aftermarket mats don't fit well. (using the 2013 versions)

·
Registered
366 Posts
WeatherTech floor mats are the bomb-diggity. They fit better than factory, use all factory notches and hooks, and they're designed to control the wetness not just shield it. They also make one where the front mats attach "over the hump" for bench seats(which I have) but I find they're more convenient individually. They also make vent visors, hood deflectors, mud flaps and SMILES! lol

mats.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
WeatherTech floor mats are the bomb-diggity. They fit better than factory, use all factory notches and hooks, and they're designed to control the wetness not just shield it.]
I agree with Eco on this, That's my recommendation as well. As a secondary option would be Husky liners.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Haha I always read it as Eco even though I know it's Ego Haha. My bad.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Has anyone gotten the factory optional frt/back rubber mats for $80?(and liked them) I normally get aftermarket ones but thought for the $80,I could at least keep the rear ones since back set wont get as much use.Then I'll just get some weather techs for front to control mud/snow better if needed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have mopar ones that match the Coyote Brown. I'm thinking about getting those.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Has anyone gotten the factory optional frt/back rubber mats for $80?(and liked them) I normally get aftermarket ones but thought for the $80,I could at least keep the rear ones since back set wont get as much use.Then I'll just get some weather techs for front to control mud/snow better if needed.
They come standard in the Outdoorsman so I got them but didn't pay for em. Never even looked at them because I'm keeping them mint for re-sale if I ever decide to. That will be at least 10 years away (if at all) and by then the factory mats will add some nice touches to the resale.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was able to use the same set of husky liners I had in my 2010 2500. They fit well, don't have holes in them for the anchors, and only cost $160 for front and rear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my truck Saturday and was going to get weather techs as that's what I've had in my last two trucks. Tried the husky x-act fit and holy smokes are they nice. Flexible (unlike the weather techs) and they fit like a glove...both front and back. I love these. I drove my truck home and put them right in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got 'em in my '13 3500 and have been impressed. I almost always buy Husky Liners, but found the factory rubber mats to be pretty good. I'd say they are worth the $80.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I went with the WeatherTech, but just in the front. The back seat won't get used enough to warrant one there.

·
Registered
362 Posts
When I get my outdoorsman I'll let you know how the factory rubber floor mats are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
WeatherTech floor mats are the bomb-diggity. They fit better than factory, use all factory notches and hooks, and they're designed to control the wetness not just shield it. They also make one where the front mats attach "over the hump" for bench seats(which I have) but I find they're more convenient individually. They also make vent visors, hood deflectors, mud flaps and SMILES! lol

View attachment 116
I agree. These are excellent. Get both front and rear.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have you seen the 3D Maxpider mats? They are a relatively new design and IMO much more attractive than the Weathertech's. I installed them in my new Limited and they look great. Not as "utilitarian" as the Weathertechs. They fit good and the outer edge covers the outer carpet edge and onto the door sill. The fronts cost me $104 CAN for the pair and the rear one-piece was also $104 CAN. I purchased them at a truck accessory store called Custom Truck Parts, here in Canada; but I understand they can now also be ordered from Costco.
I have Mercedes-benz branded Weathertechs on our 2013 GL350 and am not really impressed. The passenger side front mat does not extend far enough up the foot area and the rear one piece mat is curling up on the outer ends. They do not look good in a luxury vehicle.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts