RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ram Limited Ecodiesel, 2015 Ram Laramie Longhorn Ecodiesel 93,000miles
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bummer, more problems. 2020 Limited 1500 ED. 16,000 miles. *Under warranty.

Looks like I've got something fun going on here with my EGR tube and something eeking out around the timing case ?that's dripping down the harmonic balancer cover and beyond down under the engine to the oil pan.
The oily stuff has no smell. When it sits after driving the oily appears black, not clear.
No CEL warnings. No fluid pooling on garage floor. No power loss. No weird smells. Everything running normal.
Dealership Service tech told me (without looking) it's not 911, I can drive it.
Bringing it in for service next week.
I'm no mechanic. Hoping its gaskets/seals/bolts whatever keeps it from seeping out is the problem and not a major malfunction.
I'm in the SoCal desert. Highway temps hit 115-125 regularly. Wondering if heat create more of an oil spray mess on hot metal than normal temp areas.

Pretty sure this type of problem has been seen before on Ram ED.
Anyone repaired or had it repaired: easy or are we pulling out the whole engine? = no truck for me for 2 weeks.
Also, any feedback availability for parts for this fix? Another 2 weeks? = need a rental?
Appreciate any input. Trying not to get mad.

Bicycle handlebar White Automotive tire Bicycle tire Product Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Typical ed oil leak. The factory doofys dont know how to use silicone properly. Lots of ecos do this. Bring it back and make em pay to fix it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Typical ed oil leak. The factory doofys dont know how to use silicone properly. Lots of ecos do this. Bring it back and make em pay to fix it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do! Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Update: WRONG! Not a timing cover issue. WRONG! Not the 2nd diagnosis of a leaking Engine Oil Cooler.

Two rounds of dye, a hard drive and letting vehicle sit overnight: cylinder head gasket leak.

Dealership mechanics / service manager finally gave up and told me to surrender the vehicle under Lemon Law.
Done.
45 days of driving a rental Toyota RAV and the my new RAM 2021 Limited 1500 Hemi 5.7 arrives today.

Love the EcoDiesel; but after dealing with cracked manifold in a 2015 ED with more recalls and a 2020 Limited ED Lemon, I don't even have the patience to deal with adding DEF fluid.

Wish me luck @ $4.00+ per CA gallon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts