593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I didn’t need to make any adjustments.

· Registered
4,296 Posts

· Premium Member
2015 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Bighorn 4x4
506 Posts
The lights pivot up and down. You had to make some type of adjustment. ;)
I just installed mine last weekend and adjusted them as per diode dynamics instructions. I haven't had anyone flash me yet and they pretty much washed out my halogen headlights. They are quality units!

Reactions: biodiesel

· Registered
4,296 Posts
I just installed mine last weekend and adjusted them as per diode dynamics instructions.
I didn't see those instructions. Did they come with the package, or did Diode refer you to a weblink?

I haven't had anyone flash me yet and they pretty much washed out my halogen headlights. They are quality units!
That's good to know. I'll have to go back and measure. I gave mine a slight angle up, so we'll see what the final measurement comes out to be.

· Premium Member
506 Posts
I didn't see those instructions. Did they come with the package, or did Diode refer you to a weblink?

That's good to know. I'll have to go back and measure. I gave mine a slight angle up, so we'll see what the final measurement comes out to be.
I just found the installation instructions link on the web page.
Did you need to use the resistors?

· Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,945 Posts
Did you need to use the resistors?
I used the set of Diode Dynamics CANbus anti-flicker modules on mine but I've had them since the truck was practically new and I had LEDs in the factory housings. Long before AlfaOBD was available. Being the '15s can be picky about lighting, I didn't try to fix what works.

· Registered
4,296 Posts

· Premium Member
506 Posts
My SS3 LED Fogs didn't come with resistors, did yours? Mine is a 2015, do you think I will need them?
I ordered the resistors just in case but I didn't need them. No flickering or bulb out errors either. Mine is also a 2015 also.
funny thing is I also just put in morimoto xb led headlights and also purchased the "required for 2015" resistors. I went ahead and installed w/o them and lo and behold.... they worked great so I am sending the resistors back. Also did the Morimoto tail lights with the same result. I was fully expecting to have to reprogram in alfaOBD or add resistors but no, everything appeared to be plug and play!
I put a few pics off the fog lights in another thread and will do the head and tail lights in a few days.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
What did you guys do with your old lights? I hate to throw them in the trash. Is there any value to them?

· Registered
38 Posts
I have the Diode Dynamc SS3’s on my wife’s 4Runner. I love them. Yes very nice units, and very bright. There should be 2 side screws on the bracket that will allow them some adjustment up/down, not much but some. Now looks like I’m gonna have to get them for the ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
506 Posts
What did you guys do with your old lights? I hate to throw them in the trash. Is there any value to them?

Put em in a box for storage. I guess the value might be to return the truck to stock and sell the DD fogs separately if you ever get rid of the truck?

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Put em in a box for storage. I guess the value might be to return the truck to stock and sell the DD fogs separately if you ever get rid of the truck?
I'm not sure if I want to store another box. My wife is already wanting to chunk 50% of what I have in storage, lol.

The plan is to keep the truck for at least 20 more years. ;)

· Registered
11 Posts
Do the DD fog lights solve the bouncing light problem of the OEM fogs? I had the dealership replace mine with the newer "upgraded" design and the plastic housing still lets the light bounce. I find it very distracting, making it look like something is about to jump out from the shoulder of the road.

· Registered
4,296 Posts

· Registered
2019 Ram 1500 Classic (DS) Laramie 3.0L EcoDiesel
5 Posts
Seeing all these posts and recommendations for the SS3 lights, I have a set in the shopping cart and ready to buy. Except...

Do any of you guys have radio interference when the SS3 lights are on? At least one Amazon review of the SS3's states that he had RFI. My stock-sized 9006 LED's give off a ton of RFI.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Do any of you guys have radio interference when the SS3 lights are on? At least one Amazon review of the SS3's states that he had RFI. My stock-sized 9006 LED's give off a ton of RFI.
When you say radio, I assume you're talking about AM/FM radio? If so, I've never used AM/FM radio, so I don't know. I only use satellite radio.

· Registered
2019 Ram 1500 Classic (DS) Laramie 3.0L EcoDiesel
5 Posts
When you say radio, I assume you're talking about AM/FM radio? If so, I've never used AM/FM radio, so I don't know. I only use satellite radio.
Good point...yes, AM/FM Radio. I use Pandora when I drive but the wife prefers old-school radio and I'm forced to maintain the quality.

· Premium Member
506 Posts
Seeing all these posts and recommendations for the SS3 lights, I have a set in the shopping cart and ready to buy. Except...

No interference whatsoever with the SS3's

Reactions: Sandman43103
21 - 39 of 39 Posts