RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I purchased the GDE Hot Tune July of 2019. I could not be happier with the tune. I am switching to the SFT stage 2 full delete due to my DEF system (P203E) failure or I would absolutely keep the GDE tune.

This is the Hot Tune which turns off the EGR but still uses the DEF system.

I was told that you would need to have your vin and injector codes written to the ECM but truthfully, I dont know anything about that.

ECM is currently in the truck while I wait for my other tune and delete supplies so I could not ship for a week or so.

I would like to get $650.00

2014 Ram 1500 Eco
3.55 rear end
8HP70 transmission

I think the only upgrade on the tune I purchased was the engine breaking. Here is a screen shot of my actual order.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello,
I purchased the GDE Hot Tune July of 2019. I could not be happier with the tune. I am switching to the SFT stage 2 full delete due to my DEF system (P203E) failure or I would absolutely keep the GDE tune.

This is the Hot Tune which turns off the EGR but still uses the DEF system.

I was told that you would need to have your vin and injector codes written to the ECM but truthfully, I dont know anything about that.

ECM is currently in the truck while I wait for my other tune and delete supplies so I could not ship for a week or so.

I would like to get $650.00

2014 Ram 1500 Eco
3.55 rear end
8HP70 transmission

I think the only upgrade on the tune I purchased was the engine breaking. Here is a screen shot of my actual order.

View attachment 87580
So you plan on keeping your trans tune?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this point I do plan on using my GDE transmission tune unless there is a technical reason I can not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So you don't know anything about changing vin and injector codes and you did the ecm exchange,therefore no stock ecm to pop in, so how do you plan to retune to do the delete if I may ask?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a local shop that said they have the ability to write my vin and injector codes to the stock ecm.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I have a local shop that said they have the ability to write my vin and injector codes to the stock ecm.
Your VIN and injector codes should already be written to your stock ECM if it came out of your truck.

Anybody buying your GDE tuned ECM can easily write their VIN and injector codes to it using the AlfaOBD app. I've done a few.

Good luck with SFT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your VIN and injector codes should already be written to your stock ECM if it came out of your truck.

Anybody buying your GDE tuned ECM can easily write their VIN and injector codes to it using the AlfaOBD app. I've done a few.

Good luck with SFT.
Thank you. I could not be more pleased with GDE stage one. I would definitely go with GDE if they had a stage two still just because I was happy with the first tune.

·
Registered
2017 Big Horn EcoDiesel, 4WD, Bilstein leveling kit, few mods here & there....
58 Posts
Bounty Hunter - would you have a link to the AlfaOBD instructions for this? I have a 2017 ED and already own the AlfaOBD, so this GDE interests me.

TVESEL - is this still available? Does the price include shipping? Have you checked with GDE to see what else would need to be done for someone else to install on their truck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bounty Hunter - would you have a link to the AlfaOBD instructions for this? I have a 2017 ED and already own the AlfaOBD, so this GDE interests me.

TVESEL - is this still available? Does the price include shipping? Have you checked with GDE to see what else would need to be done for someone else to install on their truck?
Yes, it is still available and I am still currently using in my truck daily.

I did speak to GDE but they are not open to any discussion to anything they have done in the past. I am assuming the EPA issue they went through makes talking about past tunes impossible.

I would ship the ECM for that price if in the USA.

I honestly dont know the exact procedure you would use to make this work for your truck but this forum has some amazing people that are willing to share what they know and others have been able to use a GDE tuned ECM from a prior vehicle.

Just to reiterate from my post above. This is a stage one "hot tune" which shuts off the egr but keeps the DEF in use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts