RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13,715 Posts
What's that?

Interesting idea done inexpensively. Would some kind of link to follow-up on maybe getting whatever it is.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Interesting. Seems like a good option to be able to force a regen...but, I've had my truck for 2 years now and never felt that I needed to do a forced regen.

I would guess that if you don't have the tune and get the message that you have to continue driving to do the regen often it would be helpful to do it on your own terms and not have it happen just as your getting home or to work ect.

Reactions: Jinx

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This app is sweet not only you can force regens it can also recalibrate tire sizes and alot more cool stuff. Now I can perform a regen when appropriate instead of being close to home and worrying about completing a regen.

·
Registered
13,715 Posts
How you see that is compatible with the Ram Ecodiesel?

Went down those two lists and did not see anything i recognized. Must retire some knowledge of operating systems as many are listed but nothing I saw says FCA Ram Ecodiesel or the like.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts

Went down those two lists and did not see anything i recognized. Must retire some knowledge of operating systems as many are listed but nothing I saw says FCA Ram Ecodiesel or the like.
I use the AlfaOBd demo version, gonna upgrade to the full $49 version soon. It is 100% compatible with the Ram Eco.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the AlphaOBD already. I can see this option will come in handy when I change over to the factory tuned ECM. This will ensure that I'm not at risk for a delayed regen due to the swap. Cool!!

·
Administrator
8,906 Posts

Trust us. It's compatible with the Ecodiesel. :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I confirm it is 100% compatible with the eco diesel.

I also did a force regen today. Which means, you tell the app to force a regen on the next driving cycle. Once your vehicle is up to the proper temp from driving it will start the regen.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I drive 6-8 mile round trips 80% of the time and have never seen the ominous message. If the truck is working properly, it should take care of itself. That said, it would be nice to have a forced regen feature, as it may allow you to get to a repair shop sometime.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
It is exactly the same thing I can do with my Edge monitor , CS2 , on my 2015 ,( still not working for 2017 , 2018 at latest news ))
you ask it to start a regen no matter what the soot % is , it tells you
to turn engine off first , you put in your request , then when you next start it up
as soon as the requested temps are met , the regen starts , no matter the soot % level ,
so now the cheaper alfa OBD can do it too for less $$$$ , good for you , very cool ,
my CS2 cost me $489 Cdn in early 2016 , and forced regen was an option back then right from the start .

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I always wanted the edge but $500 kept me away from it. And with this alpha obd you have alot more tests and parameters. Well worth the price.

·
Registered
515 Posts
AlfaOBD is probably the best money you can spend on the truck, for the cost of the app and a solid bluetooth OBD adapter you get a more powerful tool than the dealers have. I used alfaOBD to enable tow mirrors on my truck, enable HID headlights on my truck so they work properly now, my truck also displays "Power Wagon" on the EVIC on start up and "SRT" on the Uconnect. You can basically enable anything in the BCM, stuff that even the dealer can't because i've heard the dealer can only enable things that are an option in whatever trim level your truck is.

There's a 300 page thread on alfaOBD here: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks g00fy, I just ordered my HID Morimoto D2S 4.0 kit and will try retrofiring them in the quads. It is good to know that you can enable them with the AlfaOBD. Under which control module in the AlfaOBD you were able to enable the HID function?

Thanks

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks g00fy, I just ordered my HID Morimoto D2S 4.0 kit and will try retrofiring them in the quads. It is good to know that you can enable them with the AlfaOBD. Under which control module in the AlfaOBD you were able to enable the HID function?

Thanks
Yeah I was having problems even with all the resistors and modules with failure to fire and bulb out errors 70% of the time when flipping the lights on. Once I enabled hid headlights everything worked perfect, I'm able to use auto headlights again, and if I happen to get a failure to fire on a cold day, I just turn the headlights off and back on and it'll usually fire no problem. Attached is a picture of where I found the setting.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did this today. Drove to a client and just as I got there my GDE tuned regen message popped up on the evic and I have an old phone with Torque running that also has alfaobd installed. I had to shutdown before the regen could even start. Torque was showing dpf at 100% when I left and did some more driving but regen never started. Popped open alfa and forced the regen, never showed on dash that it was doing it but Torque did. After a few miles showed 9% filled.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts