RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just one of these curiosity things, how many people notice any of the other 2 brands (GM & Ford) when out and about. Seriously, I've seen 1 Colorado diesel, 3 or 4 Ford 1/2 ton diesels and no GM ones yet although shown as available on build sheets.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Tell me about it , since only grocery shopping is allowed here , I used the back up car ...Yaris :(,
not enough mileage for the ECO , parked for over a month ....

·
Super Moderator
3,235 Posts
Seen a few diesel Colorados f150s and two 1500 chevies. Honestly small diesels in pick ups are largely misunderstood and under utilized. Under promoted & advertised to with minimal markings on the trucks. I like to promote all of them for an appropriate application not just the brand I own. IMO If owner usage and goals were matched to buyers they should be 5 to 10% of the respective trucks sales.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,349 Posts
I've seen both the Ford and GM 1/2 ton diesels on the streets with both regular and "M" plate vehicles. M plate is a manufacturer designation and the vehicle usually has some none production parts on them.
It is possible that the regular plated trucks could have been corporate fleet vehicles also, the Big 3 give some management level employees the latest greatest to drive.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Seen a lot of 2.8L Colorados since they've been out several years now. So far have seen one 3.0L Powerstroke and one 3.0L Duramax. Have yet to see a 2020 Ecodiesel in the wild yet but since I'm seeing them on local dealer sites it's a matter of time.

I agree with Vern, I think a lot of owners are just the random vehicle shopper that goes to a lot and has zero clue about diesels but a sales guy made it sound cool, better mileage, maybe the right color and options.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
938 Posts
I don't think I've seen any of the other half ton diesels. See a canyon/colorado occassionaly but even they are few and far between. I agree with Vern, that's it's hard to tell in a brief glance in traffic what engine is under the hood.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I’ve seen less than 5 fords and 2 chevys. Still haven’t seen a 2020 ecodiesel. Honestly I see the same few ecodiesel every day but don’t see many of them either. Plan on sticking with my 15 for a lot longer, but if I wound up shopping again it would be either a Chevy or another ecodiesel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts