RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the ready lift SST 69-1040 Kit which has 2 Strut spacers. One is a preload that goes on top of spring and another that goes on top of strut. Both give exactly 2" of lift. I replaced the stock shock in the strut with Billsteins and set those at 2.1" and left out the pre load spacer and just used the 2" top spacer, essentially doing the same thing as both spacers.

I achieved 4" total but my CV angles are much steeper than Savage Patch'es who had his Billsteins set at 2.8".

Trying to figure out why. I have the 5.7 and he has the eco diesel.

The truck rides great, looks Great and aligned almost perfect to specs.

I am trying to decide whether to take all apart and use both spacers and lower the Bills to stock to get the Angles Better.

More research for sure and since I only use 4WD occaisionly I am trying to decide.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am 1/2" differant from one side to other but front is about 41 3/4" and back is about 42 3/4. That is with just the 2" SST spacers in the back and no air in my airlift 10000 bags

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I am 1/2" differant from one side to other but front is about 41 3/4" and back is about 42 3/4. That is with just the 2" SST spacers in the back and no air in my airlift 10000 bags
Just to clarify... you installed the UCA's that adjust/compensate for the geometry change?

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is a cross post, so I apologize for doubling it up but figured you guys might have the info I'm looking for. I have the ReadyLift 4" SST I bought in December. I see that there is a note on ReadyLift's site that it is not intended for use on the EcoDiesel now that I swear was not there in December. Is there a difference in the suspension between the Hemi & ED? From what I could glean from google, it looks like the ED is about 50lbs heavier than the Hemi. I wouldn't think that would be enough to require a heavier duty suspension, but I'm no engineer. Lots of places sell the kit and don't say it won't fit on the ED, only place I've found that note is on ReadyLift's site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is a cross post, so I apologize for doubling it up but figured you guys might have the info I'm looking for. I have the ReadyLift 4" SST I bought in December. I see that there is a note on ReadyLift's site that it is not intended for use on the EcoDiesel now that I swear was not there in December. Is there a difference in the suspension between the Hemi & ED? From what I could glean from google, it looks like the ED is about 50lbs heavier than the Hemi. I wouldn't think that would be enough to require a heavier duty suspension, but I'm no engineer. Lots of places sell the kit and don't say it won't fit on the ED, only place I've found that note is on ReadyLift's site.
From Savage Patch'es Pics it looks like the EC Diesel Suspension looks the same as mine and it has better angles on his ECD than on my Hemi. I would say it works fine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Savage Patch,

I just read about how in 2012 they changes the front diffs and they sit lower than previous years.

That has got to explain why your angles are better.

Mine is a 2011.

I gotta look into diff drops i guess.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I think that must be a mistake. I bet that it should say "Not for TRX or Outdorrsman models".

TRX and Outdoorsman have different suspension than the other models.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hey Savage Patch,

I just read about how in 2012 they changes the front diffs and they sit lower than previous years.

That has got to explain why your angles are better.

Mine is a 2011.

I gotta look into diff drops i guess.
That would make sense. Have a link? I'd like to read about it.

Sorry about your luck and I hope that you find an easy and affordable solution.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have Bilstein 5100's @ 2.8 with 2" strut spacers on top.
I emailed Bilstein and moto fab directly, both said not to put spacers on top of Bilsteins struts. Not sure why though.

Savage- Did you have any issue putting the strut back in? I have heard the LCA wont drop out of the way enough.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have Bilstein 5100's @ 2.8 with 2" strut spacers on top.
I emailed Bilstein and moto fab directly, both said not to put spacers on top of Bilsteins struts. Not sure why though.

Savage- Did you have any issue putting the strut back in? I have heard the LCA wont drop out of the way enough.
That's true. Bilstein recommends against using top strut spacers with the Bilstein 5100's.

With my Bilstein's @2.8 with 2" Top Spacers I feel that I am mimicking the ReadyLIFT SST 69-1040 kit.

No issues putting them back in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
DO NOT PUT RANCHO READY LIFT ON YOUR ECODIESEL they do NOT fit. I found out the hard way and if you contact rancho they will tell you tough shit our website tells you that they ARE NOT for the ecodiesel

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
51 Posts
That's true. Bilstein recommends against using top strut spacers with the Bilstein 5100's.

With my Bilstein's @2.8 with 2" Top Spacers I feel that I am mimicking the ReadyLIFT SST 69-1040 kit.

No issues putting them back in.
Hey Savage, how about an update on your setup. I'm tempted to try this out on my 6112's with a set of 2" ReadyLift strut mount spacers I have laying around.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
DO NOT PUT RANCHO READY LIFT ON YOUR ECODIESEL they do NOT fit. I found out the hard way and if you contact rancho they will tell you tough shit our website tells you that they ARE NOT for the ecodiesel
Can you give us some details on what part of it did not fit? This is very interesting to me.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Awesome! Funny.....I have the same trailer, bought brand new 2015
Jayco JayFlight 28BHS Elite ....still going strong
Cool! Our's is a 2018 Jayco Jayflight 264BH Baja (has a flipped axle for a little more clearance). I also added Equa-Flex equalisers. I highly recommened them, especially if you go off highway.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts