RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2017 Ram 1500 ED Laramie 4x4 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,852 Posts
This is crazy talk. It is all about burdens and procedures honest people need to take for their safety.

The best thing to do is eliminate the threat. Our society has chosen to encourage threats and punish good people. Told you - this is crazy.
That's why I carry a bike lock. To keep honest people honest. I remember years back the sign in the church lobby was "Trust in God, but lock your car". Lots of cars got broken into during services because people simply did not lock the doors.

· Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
15,086 Posts
That's why I carry a bike lock. To keep honest people honest. I remember years back the sign in the church lobby was "Trust in God, but lock your car". Lots of cars got broken into during services because people simply did not lock the doors.
My solution stops that if I get the opportunity to use it.

Even in church I bring a friend. Never without that friend. It could be two brothers, two guys, one guy. The friend is always there. Smith and Wesson, Sam Colt, Storm Ruger, etc.

· Registered
2022 RAM 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab, 4X2 EcoDiesel, 3.21, 5' 7", Beautiful Billet Silver
926 Posts
I will probably get myself one of those Faraday pouches. The crooks now wait in parking lots and when they see you lock the vehicle with a FOB, that's when they capture your Rf signal, wait for you to go into the store, then they swipe your vehicle.
I wonder if dropping it in a steel can would protect it, even without a lid? I have various cute tins with lids that would work, but that's not as convenient as leaving it in my pocket or hanging it on a hook. However, I wonder if the risk is only for the fobs where you don't have to push a button to unlock? Are they transmitting all the time or only when prompted by the vehicle or when a button is pushed?

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Are they transmitting all the time or only when prompted by the vehicle or when a button is pushed?
Yes, the fobs are constantly broadcasting a signal. A thief can stand on your front porch in the middle of the night and pull a signal from your key fob. It's been documented many times (caught on home security cameras).

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Did this actually happen to you? Here in AB that's far too much work for a criminal. They tried to steal my EcoD when i was 10ft away. Our revolving door justice system puts them in jail for a few nights even if they get caught. Sometimes I wonder if the criminals purposely want to get caught sometimes so they get a nice warm meal and a bed for a few nights then back out to cause more chaos for us working tax payers.
Mines in the garage at night, that’s what garages are for. Don’t think that small town ******** make good targets for this, we all own firearms.

· Super Moderator
2016 SLT 4x4 Quadcab 3.53 with a cap
1,353 Posts
I wonder if dropping it in a steel can would protect it, even without a lid? I have various cute tins with lids that would work, but that's not as convenient as leaving it in my pocket or hanging it on a hook. However, I wonder if the risk is only for the fobs where you don't have to push a button to unlock? Are they transmitting all the time or only when prompted by the vehicle or when a button is pushed?
You need a little metal cooky box with a lid. mines about 4 x 3 x 3 inches high. Wife has an RFID pouch in her purse.

· Registered
2022 RAM 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab, 4X2 EcoDiesel, 3.21, 5' 7", Beautiful Billet Silver
926 Posts
You need a little metal cooky box with a lid. mines about 4 x 3 x 3 inches high. Wife has an RFID pouch in her purse.
I got the RFID pouches for some folks 4-5 years ago, but I bet none are being used! My partner can't find hers--she didn't remember she had it! It wouldn't be too bad at home, but what a pain if they can grab the signal while you're at a store or restaurant, as someone mentioned above! I'll have to look for pants with a lead-lined pocket for the fob!!!

· Registered
386 Posts
My solution stops that if I get the opportunity to sue it.

Even in church I bring a friend. Never without that friend. It could be two brothers, two guys, one guy. The friend is always there. Smith and Wesson, Sam Colt, Storm Ruger, etc.
It's a pretty sad society we live in if you have to bring that friend along😔

· Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
15,086 Posts
It's a pretty sad society we live in if you have to bring that friend along😔
It sure is a sad society. We made it and don't seem able to even recognize how sad it is let alone do anything about it.

· Super Moderator
2016 SLT 4x4 Quadcab 3.53 with a cap
1,353 Posts
It wouldn't be too bad at home, but what a pain if they can grab the signal while you're at a store or restaurant, as someone mentioned above! I'll have to look for pants with a lead-lined pocket for the fob!!!
The trick in public is to use the door lock activator on your armrest as you exit the vehicle. Key FOB doesn't send a signal that way.

· Registered
926 Posts
The trick in public is to use the door lock activator on your armrest as you exit the vehicle. Key FOB doesn't send a signal that way.
That's the easiest way anyway unless I'm getting something out of the back seat.

Reactions: Patroller8D

· Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel
215 Posts
Huge population increase here in Florida. Massive construction of "stucco jungles" and the workers involved. Between the illegals, legal immigrants and people moving here from red states there are massive strains on our legal system. While other areas stop punishing criminals and enter a world of chaos, we have to deal with huge amounts of crime associated with these population changes. Now, with affordable areas growing, it is only getting worse.

Church attendance is dropping and has been dropping. There is a hideous lack of morality and punishment for immorality. Losing our trucks is a trait we have promoted allowing our society to decline. Unless stopped, it will get worse.
Is Florida a better RED state than the other RED states they're all moving from?

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Is Florida a better RED state than the other RED states they're all moving from?
Usually, it's conservates from blue states that are moving to red states. This is mostly happening as people near retirement age. If you look at a list of the 'best states to retire in', they are mostly red states. That's due to lower taxes, cost of living, and other factors.

Reactions: Captainmal

· Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel
215 Posts
Usually, it's conservates from blue states that are moving to red states. This is mostly happening as people near retirement age. If you look at a list of the 'best states to retire in', they are mostly red states. That's due to lower taxes, cost of living, and other factors.
Yep, I get that. But Captainmal said that people were moving to Florida( a red state) from other red States so I'm wondering what makes Florida better than all the other red States.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Yep, I get that. But Captainmal said that people were moving to Florida( a red state) from other red States so I'm wondering what makes Florida better than all the other red States.
Oh, I gotcha. You couldn't pay me to move to Florida. Historically speaking, I live in a mostly purple state (swing state), but our state is now going blue. Most of the population live in one of the three larger cities (Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Las Cruces), which vote blue. If I moved to a conservative state, I would move to either Arizona or Texas.

Florida has 21.7 million people for 65,758 square miles.
Arizona has a population of 7.2 million for 113,998 square miles.
New Mexico has 2.1 million people for 121,697 square miles.

I love New Mexico!

· Registered
2017 Ram 1500 ED Laramie 4x4 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,852 Posts
The tri
Oh, I gotcha. You couldn't pay me to move to Florida. Historically speaking, I live in a mostly purple state (swing state), but our state is now going blue. Most of the population live in one of the three larger cities (Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Las Cruces), which vote blue. If I moved to a conservative state, I would move to either Arizona or Texas.

Florida has 21.7 million people for 65,758 square miles.
Arizona has a population of 7.2 million for 113,998 square miles.
New Mexico has 2.1 million people for 121,697 square miles.

I love New Mexico!
If you want to get away from people, try Wyoming!

· Registered
2,163 Posts
Don't you guys have insurance on your trucks? My truck and my wife's brand new Jeep Grand L sit in the driveway every day, They steal it and Allstate buys us a brand new one, easy peasy.

Back in the day when I was a Ford guy 🤮I would splice into the fuel pump reset switch and add a hidden kill switch. I usually hid them in the glove box. Now I'll just call the insurance company and let them deal with it.

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Don't you guys have insurance on your trucks? My truck and my wife's brand new Jeep Grand L sit in the driveway every day, They steal it and Allstate buys us a brand new one, easy peasy.
Yeah, but my 2015 and 2020 EcoDiesel are not replaceable.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts