RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fab fours elite bumper was finally installed on my ED yesterday. More pics to come as I haven't even picked it up yet. Tech said I lost about .75in in clearance with the added weight so it goes in next thursday for the bilsteins 5100 to be installed at 2.1 setting. Will post more updates and photos with MPG updates as well. truck.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics of bumper

Here are a couple more pics of the fab fours bumper. Love the look of it! Hopefully doesnt kill my mileage too much! Leveling shocks to go on Thursday. Pics to come then

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks great! Keep us posted about fuel usage. I'm looking at similar bumpers. I don't want to put one on if it's gonna kill my mileage though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! Keep us posted about fuel usage. I'm looking at similar bumpers. I don't want to put one on if it's gonna kill my mileage though.
So had the bumper on for two weeks now. With just the bumper change I lost about.7MPG average. Went for 22.9 before to about 22.2 after bumper replacement. Then i put the bilstein shocks on, drove 500 more miles, mileage went down to about 21.2MPG. So overall i lost approx. 1.7-2MPG when it was all said and done. This was measured on my EVIC, which has proven to be very accurate when i hand calculate my mileage and compare to the EVIC. Truck looks so much better in my opinion, I will post more pics of it leveled soon.

THe one thing I don't like about the bumper is it is much "louder" over dirt roads. I found the reason is the fog light mounts are very "mickey mouse" and flimsy, they just rattle and bounce against the bumper when going on bumpy roads so i need to figure out I am going to stabilize those, may just take them off since i never use fog lights anyways. The ride of the truck is definitely stiffer with the leveling shocks now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the update. 1.5-2 is about what I expected. I wasn't hoping it wasn't like 4mpg loss; so that's good. What leveling shocks did you get. I tried searching the forum but everything just came up with guys saying they used bilstein. But when I go to their webpage it says "no products are available for your vehicle". Maybe I have to try again. Truck looks great btw

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Thanks for the update. 1.5-2 is about what I expected. I wasn't hoping it wasn't like 4mpg loss; so that's good. What leveling shocks did you get. I tried searching the forum but everything just came up with guys saying they used bilstein. But when I go to their webpage it says "no products are available for your vehicle". Maybe I have to try again. Truck looks great btw
I did the Bilstein 5100 adjustable leveling shocks. I got them off amazon and then had an alignment shop install them then re-align the truck. I told them to set the height to the 2.1" setting however there is no way of know now which height they set them at, so I guess im just trusting them haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you planning on putting some bigger wheels and tires on the truck at all? If so that a great idea that would make the truck look much better, the bumper makes it look beafy so bigger tires would make it look whole. Then add some fender flare and you looking even better. Just some ideas lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Attached is a photo of the truck with the bilsteins on. I am not planning on putting bigger tires on in the near future but prob will when the factory tires wear out. At that time I may take the bilsteins down a notch or something because the ride is quite stiff now. Not the greatest picture to show the raise but it definitely raised it up a lot. My rake now is only about 3/4in vs 2.75in before. Again, mileage suffered 2.8mpg however.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts