RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Eco Diesel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my truck and I want to level the front end. On the window sticker it says Ride Height Raised but as you can tell it is not level. It is a 2022 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. What do you recommend And what will it do to my MPG? Can you add program to get better MPG?
Wheel Tire Car Sky Cloud

Wheel Sky Tire Cloud Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2016 Big Horn 4X4 Engine and Transmission tuned by no longer available (but truck runs good)
119 Posts
Welcome and that is a great looking truck (y) I'm sorry I cannot answer your question, but I have read where several members have used various shocks to change the ride height, I believe with Bilstein 6200's????:unsure::unsure::unsure: I assume you truck is not equipped with the air suspension, again welcome and tell us more about you truck(y)

·
Registered
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Eco Diesel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and that is a great looking truck (y) I'm sorry I cannot answer your question, but I have read where several members have used various shocks to change the ride height, I believe with Bilstein 6200's????:unsure::unsure::unsure: I assume you truck is not equipped with the air suspension, again welcome and tell us more about you truck(y)
Thank you! I love it so far. It drives so much better to man than the 5.7 HEMI which I loved as well. It does not have air suspension. It said on the sticker it had the OFF Road package that included Raised Ride height.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
'Raised ride height' does not equal 'level'.

Keep in mind you'll be adding wind resistance and be giving up a little fuel mileage. It'll be slight but might be noticeable. This platform is built around efficiency.

Reactions: keiths487too

·
Registered
2020 4x4 3.0L 3.92 (SOLD: 2016 Laramie 3.0L 3.55 GDE tuned)
111 Posts
My 2016 was leveled using the Bilstein kit. I loved the ride and it looked great, but . . . as Bounty Hunter mentioned it will impact your fuel mileage.
In addition, once you level the truck, a heavy load in the bed drops the rear end and your head lights will be pointed at oncoming traffic. I had a small in bed camper and ended up having to install air bags to address the issue. As everyone says - YMMV

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice truck! I wouldn't be worrying about the fuel economy numbers (hand-calculated) until you've done at least 20-30k miles. New engines won't be as efficient as properly broken in engines.

Can't tell from the pic whether it has bedliner and cover, but adding those will add just a bit of weight which may help settle the rear, as well as slight fuel economy improvement (the cover at least).

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can put some adjustable height Bilsteins on the front to level it out. Unless you are very conscientious in logging and hand-calculating mileage you will never notice a difference. If you are, it will be very small.

Air bags in the back are a cheap and easy self-install on these (non-air suspension) trucks, so that when you put any weight in the back you aren't driving around looking like a Prerunner.

Reactions: keiths487too

·
Super Moderator
4,083 Posts
If you tow you won't like how it negatively affects the stability with even more weight transfering off the steer axle. But if you have to do it to satisfy yourself cosmetically Bilstein has the best quality / bang for the buck struts.

Reactions: 1shadowsabre

·
Registered
342 Posts
I used a kit from Rough Country it replaced the upper control arm I believe that's what it's called so that the upper ball joint wouldn't be at a severe angle. Several things to consider are, #1 although my truck is now level unloaded, it's going uphill under even the lightest of loads, #2 You will need to adjust the headlights accordingly or everyone else on the road will hate you at night and you will not be able to see the road well. #3 I did loose some milage as others here have noted, but to be fair I also installed Nitto G2 Terra grapplers on my factory wheels they are only slightly larger in diameter than the factory tires supposedly so I did loose some MPG. #4 the angle of the CV joints of the front axle shafts is no longer level so they will now wear out faster because they are now constantly rolling at an angle rather than the original almost straight line they were at when at the factory ride height. How long will they last is yet to be determined for me I did this approximately 43 almost 44 thousand miles ago when my factory tires wore out at about 30 thousand miles, and the CV joints are fine still. I do not drive offroad very often only a few times to go hunting and fishing often using improved dirt access roads and ranch trails that cars could easily travel. I've always avoided driving in or through any mud to the extent that it is possible. My average MPG stays between 19 and 21 that's mostly commuting around the North Texas DFW area. I occasionally travel to the mountains of North Carolina, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, and out on the longer hyway runs if I keep the speed between 75 and 80 I will get up into the 24 to 25 mpg area. I started on this forum with a 2015. Ecodiesel Lonestar 4x4 it was kept at the stock ride height and got much better MPG. I got scared of all the problems people were having so I traded it in on a Toyota Tacoma. It was too small for me and I ended up trading back to a 2017 ecodiesel Lonestar 4x4 after the hold on them was released. I got it new in 2018 and immediately ordered the GDE tune for it as soon as I bought it. I've had no issues with this truck as of yet with almost 74000 miles now on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts