RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the $120 running boards from EBay as recommended on this forum. I love them. However I think I need to install some front mud flaps/splash guards because the chrome is getting splashed/dirty when driving. Maybe they are called something else I the US, in the UK where I am from they are called mud flaps.

Can anyone recommend any?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just bought some from Weathertech. Not sure how they look yet, as I don't have a truck to put them on. However they are molded/laser measured and should fit perfectly. Also no drilling.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There have been many discussions on other forums about the Mopar ones rubbing paint away and interfering more with step bars. It seems that the Weathertechs or Husky Liners are a better option than OEM.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have the Weathertech.com front and rears. They fit like a glove and work great. 1500 miles

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I second the the weather tech's are the cats ass! Look really good

Reactions: JAK

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have running boards but do have the weather techs front and rear. I had slight rubbing on the front at full lock and going over a bump but I have 35" tires. I used a heat gun to remold them closer to the wheel wells and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Just reminded that I have the Husky ones. They are too stiff. They also use the original screws that go into those liner clips behind the fender well. Only thing is the lowest screw will get torn out of that clip when/if the flap hits something hard. The flap itself is too hard. It, like the Weathertech, should be more flexible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts