RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my 2014 EcoDiesel for a Ram Power Wagon (dream vehicle of mine). Selling a GDE ECM that was on my truck (purchased in SEP 2019 for about $1250). Setup for a 3.55 gears with the exhaust braking upgrade. Just need to swap it to your injector codes.

Price: $600 OBO (includes shipping anywhere in the USA)

Reactions: Strider

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I believe it is (I'm not too familiar with the terms). EGR is shut off and I ran distilled water instead if DEF. I ordered this within a week of GDE stopping shipping within the US.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok, I've posted my stock ecm for sale so if I can find a buyer I'm definitely interested....dealer fixed def already once so dont want to mess with it again.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
is this the off road version ?
GDE's use of the term 'offroad' meant it was a stage 2 delete, needs to be run with a straight exhaust. Just so you two get straight on the term. The standard hot tune does not have the offroad option.

·
Registered
2017 Big Horn EcoDiesel, 4WD, Bilstein leveling kit, few mods here & there....
77 Posts
Will this work on a 2017?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Price updated to $750 OBO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price updated to $700 OBO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump

·
Registered
2017 Big Horn EcoDiesel, 4WD, Bilstein leveling kit, few mods here & there....
77 Posts
Just to clarify, did you keep your emissions equipment when you had this installed, or were you deleted?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to clarify, did you keep your emissions equipment when you had this installed, or were you deleted?
It's a hot tune, so it is emissions equipment intact.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update to Price: $650 Shipped

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Bump

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New price, $600 shipped in the US.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you comment on what the performance improvement may have been. I Am interested but do have a 14 with 3.55 gears.

Sorry, just saw this comment. In terms of performance improvement, you'll see the throttle lag associated with the V08 recall go away. The engine felt more responsive, but only at levels that could be determined by a dyno (so minor HP and TQ improvement). DEF system can now run distilled water vs. DEF itself.

Where I saw gains was MPG. I daily drove my truck to work, a 50/50 commute city/hwy for about 10 miles. Without the tune, I averaged about 18 MPG. Post tune, I went up to between 20-21 MPG. Open highway, I saw high 20s to low 30s again traveling at 75MPH. I tow a small trailer (1500 lbs) for camping and I would normally see about 16-17.5 MPG on the highway prior to the tune. After the tune I was between 19-21 MPG depending on terrain.

Never had a reliability issue with the truck post-tune also (had on the truck for about 19k miles).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts