RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the door lock with central locking or have a separate dedicated release lever? (or not lock at all)

I sure hope it locks with the capless fuel filler. I can see some neer do-well sabatoging the fuel supply.

Reactions: EcoD

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe it's nothing to worry about, but that makes me a little uncomfortable. Call me paranoid!

Anybody have a locking gas cap installed? If so, where did you get it and cost, please.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My buddy had this problem when his girl friend found out about his other two girl friends.
I married so I don't have to worry...of course he has more fun than I do!

Reactions: Waverlypontif

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
My buddy had this problem when his girl friend found out about his other two girl friends.
I married so I don't have to worry...of course he has more fun than I do!
That's the risk he took lol. My buddy broke it off with his girlfriend of 8 years.... The crazy B went to his house and took her stuff and left cat stool in his bed... Then drove to his job and keyed every panel on his 6 month old 2500 cummins!!!!! She was seen doing and he pressed charges but dropped them later

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess I'm paranoid too! I'm more concerned about someone tampering with my fuel than stealing it, but either would be bad!

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Call me paranoid too. I don't like not having a way to put a locking fuel cap on. Furthermore, I think that it's an insult to the buyer that Dodge doesn't supply some sort of fuel cap. Oh, sorry, they do.....a little plastic bottle cap. The dealer said that they usually throw them away after they prep the truck for delivery, but since I was an xxxhole, er...very particular, he saved it for me. :mad:

·
Registered
277 Posts
That's what insurance is for guys!
Man, can you imagine the lengthy/possibly never ending process to diagnose this? Especially if they left no trace of sabotage and you weren't in any way expecting it.

I'd prefer this same person try to steal my fuel not realizing it's a diesel and damaging their gas car :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts