RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
8,260 Posts
How much does it cost? I guess the photo is generic since it doesn't look like the ecodiesel filter.

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
Pick any from Shawn's list. Now you may hear from others decrying them as not OEM filters. I say..."if they work, they work".

Geno's garage, an advertiser here, had OEM stuff at somewhat of a discount. It's just that the stuff is obscenely overpriced to get a good price.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
How often is it recommended we change our fuel filters?

How difficult is it? I've never replaced a fuel filter on a diesel before...
30k miles if using B5 or less. 20k miles if using >B5.

Easy to change, just messy. Easier if you've got air suspension than if you don't.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Yep pick any of those from Shawn and you had better make sure it meets FCA specs or you will be footing a very large repair bill if your engine blows up! The very first thing you WILL have to provide is documentation of all oil changes. This includes receipts for the filter and oil and when you show them a receipt for a non Mopar filter they are going to ask for the specs on that filter. I am not saying these filters do not meet or exceed Mopar specs but I don't see anything on those listings that say they do! You had better make sure they do before you buy them!

Here is a Mopar filter listing you can also get them at the dealer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-OEM-68235275AA-Fuel-Filter-/271909341326?hash=item3f4f0f488e&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks for pics above. I'd like to replace my own fuel filter. I will have dealer replace oil filter since the opportunity cost of my time is more valuable but if my fuel filter plugs, in an less than ideal location, I would like to know how to change. I probably should carry an extra fuel around with me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts