RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
So using fram or anything else can void your warranty?
If they do not meet FCA specs then YES they will. However if you look at Fram, Wix (OEM for Chrysler vehicles) Delco and any of the other MAJOR brands they will say right on the box MEETS OR EXCEEDS OEM SPECS. I do not care what anyone uses, I just want you to make sure the company you are buying from is going to stand behind their filter if it fails.

What I find funny is people will spend 45K to 58+K on a truck add a few thousand in aftermarket and performance parts but then will piss and moan about having to pay $25-30 dollars on a Mopar filter that if it fails FCA has no option but to fix it on their dime! But will buy a filter for 10 buck or less and possibly give FCA an out on replacing an engine if something goes wrong? Yep IMO that there is a special kind of stupid!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
If they do not meet FCA specs then YES they will. However if you look at Fram, Wix (OEM for Chrysler vehicles) Delco and any of the other MAJOR brands they will say right on the box MEETS OR EXCEEDS OEM SPECS. I do not care what anyone uses, I just want you to make sure the company you are buying from is going to stand behind their filter if it fails.

What I find funny is people will spend 45K to 58+K on a truck add a few thousand in aftermarket and performance parts but then will piss and moan about having to pay $25-30 dollars on a Mopar filter that if it fails FCA has no option but to fix it on their dime! But will buy a filter for 10 buck or less and possibly give FCA an out on replacing an engine if something goes wrong? Yep IMO that there is a special kind of stupid!
Ya I Bought that 3 pack probably gonna wait on them till after 100k. O well. Got a link for a Mopar air filter?

·
Administrator
4,550 Posts
Ya I Bought that 3 pack probably gonna wait on them till after 100k. O well. Got a link for a Mopar air filter?
Check the Supporting Vendors. I know Geno's sells them, mention you are a member when ordering there is either a discount or free shipping. Will post pics later today showing the difference between the Mopar air and WIX air filters. The Mopar is made in the USA and provides filtration and flow specs.:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
how are these filters holding up thinking of getting the six pack listed on page one. so far so good? **** mopar

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
how are these filters holding up thinking of getting the six pack listed on page one. so far so good? **** mopar
I would not under any circumstance use those eBay filters listed on page one. I cut an oil filter open to see how it was constructed and it wasn't fully glued together. See the thread "Aftermarket Oil Filter Information"

There are other aftermarket oil and air filters I would use, just not the plain white box filter from eBay.

I would suggest the MAHLE OX1034DECO or another brand that states their filter "Meets or Exceeds OEM Specifications"

·
Registered
183 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts