RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the EcoDiesel Fuel Filter tool that came with the Brass drain plug. What size thread is on the brass drain plug (Item #: LT-ED-PLUG)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought the EcoDiesel Fuel Filter tool that came with the Brass drain plug. What size thread is on the brass drain plug (Item #: LT-ED-PLUG)?

Thanks.
Now I'm curious, (but don't know the answer to your question) but why? It was a perfect fit to replace the yellow drain screw, very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now I'm curious, (but don't know the answer to your question) but why? It was a perfect fit to replace the yellow drain screw, very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I also bought the EZ oil drain valve and it got me thinking. They(EZ oil drain Valve) do come in different sizes and was wondering if one of those would fit the fuel filter. If they don't can I have an adapter made????

Ok, just went up to our model shop here at work. Looks like it's an M12x1.5 thread. Looks like there is an EZ drain valve that fits, EZ-109. Now the question is how will the filter tool fit over that?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I don't ever loosen the plastic yellow drain. I put a gallon ziplock over the filter housing and unscrew it. Ive changed mine by hand both times so far no tools required.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't ever loosen the plastic yellow drain. I put a gallon ziplock over the filter housing and unscrew it. Ive changed mine by hand both times so far no tools required.
I do the exact same thing without ever spilling a drop. I did buy the fuel filter wrench from EBay for $20. It’s the one from Idparts.com. Works great and makes everything very easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Doing mine this weekend for the first time. Stealer always charged me 1/2 hr labor when I brought in filter. Once reinstalled...how many times to cycle the ACC fuel pump to purge any air BEFORE actually starting?

·
Super Moderator
750 Posts
Doing mine this weekend for the first time. Stealer always charged me 1/2 hr labor when I brought in filter. Once reinstalled...how many times to cycle the ACC fuel pump to purge any air BEFORE actually starting?
I did x 4, on the 5 time the pump only ran for about one second, then fired it up and ran without any stumbling.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
M12x1.5
I bought the Fumoto F109S (short nipple) then bought a filter removal tool. D'oh. I will probably sell the drain valve now as I never really had a problem draining it before, and would rather use the tool than a strap wrench.

The drained fuel I used as solvent to run through my dirty EGR tube multiple times to flush it out. Then I dumped the dirty blackened fuel into my smudge pots to warm my small citrus orchard in the winter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts